First Review by khity

Tiny Burger - Edit

The reviews here set my expectations of their burger high. I was very disappointed by the size- about half the size of the role making most of it a lettuce and sauce roll. The burger itself was nice but nothing that stands out amongst the many burgers available in other places around the city or even supermarket freezers.

Lauries is good! - Edit

I love lauries, its a great place. The burgers are really yum! Lots of great options. Best to do take away or for a quick meal eat in. Staff are really nice people, get the impression maybe not treated well by management though. Will definately be taking vegetarian friends here in future.

Pros: variety, tasty food

Cons: small place

decent option - Edit

I would go to Funky Pies any day over this place if I were in Bondi. It's a decent selection of vegan options, but a bit expensive. The owner is also not veg at all, and has the business just to make money.

Sooooooo yummy - Edit

We always go to Laurie's when we are around the Bondi area. Laurie's is open for lunch and dinner.

The cafe is tiny (there's only seats for about 8 people),but we've always found a seat. The selection of hot foods and salads is great with lots of vegan options. For dessert there is a delicious vegan apple crumble and a few other non vegan things that look yummy.

The serves are huge and extremely good value for money. If we lived closer to Laurie's we'd stop cooking at home and go there all the time...

I second driving across town for the burgers! - Edit

I was almost hesitant to write another review because I didn't want to bump down the one below! So I copied the headline to ensure the message gets across to everyone in Sydney or visiting! The most rocking thing about the tofu/tempeh/etc options for your burger is that they will BAKE IT instead of fry!!!!! That is an automatic 5 Happy Cows in my book! Also the chili and probably some of the other sides are fat free. We got a side of the chili and put in on our burgers. The tempeh was delicious! Great place, awesome people behind the counter! There's an organic health food store across the street, too. Honestly, this was the best thing I've eaten in all of Australia! The bun was super wholesome, it was made to my specs and it was perfect, healthy and good surf fuel for my day at Bondi Beach!

Pros: BAKED burgers, no fat chili

I'd drive cross town for these burgers - Edit

This is a fantastic take away vegetarian place with a few eat in tables. The burger are delicious and worth a special trip for. They also have tasty mushroom pies, curries and salads. I wish I had a place like this around the corner from me, I could eat these a delicious gourmet lunch time burger like this once a week. It's a 10 min walk up the hill from bondi beach. Recommended for a great fast food lunch that leaves you feeling satisfied, healthy and not greesy.

Pros: The burgers, The food in general, Feels healthy & delicious

Cons: Not many eat in tables

Laurie's is Great - Edit

I eat here all the time. Been going once every week or so for a couple of years. Tempeh burgers are excellent as are the salads & roasted vegetables. Always friendly staff. There used to be a small chain of Laurie's in Sydney in the '80s. I ate at the Darlinghurst one a lot & also Randwick. Bondi is the last one standing.

Great for casual lunch - Edit

Lots of vegan options, staff are patient while you make up your mind and offer helpful hints. I recommend the mushroom pie. Not too impressed with the vegan desserts. Entertaining posters and housemate ads on the pinboard to read while you eat.

Pros: Helpful, knowledgeable staff, Cheap, Nice food

Return to Bondi Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laurie's Vegetarian Take Away closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3226 times since Aug 2007.