Laundry

04-3844280

240 Cuba St , Te Aro , Wellington, New Zealand, 6011

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual dining and bar in a former laundry. Vegan choices in tacos, chimichanga, vegan pulled pork, and chilli. Open Mon 12:00am-3:00am, Mon-Fri 4:30pm-3:00am, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00am.

Categories: American, Western, Non-veg

First Review by AndyTheVWDude

Innovative and delicious vegan grub - Edit

Not only is this place everything you can wish for in terms of quirky interiors and gorgeously illustrated menus; the vegan food is innovative and darn tasty!

I had the Bob Veganlina & The Pickled Beets- a tofu burger featuring creamy baba ganoush, pickled beetroot and crispy cashew brittle to name a few stars.

Pros: friendly accommodating staff, relaxed atmosphere w/ beautiful interiors

Food isn't my thing but worth trying - Edit

Personally I didn't enjoy the food here. I had the vegan pulled pork (which I didn't like the texture or flavor of), and a few spoons full of vegan chilli (which wasn't to my taste either). I found they both had a sweet after taste that I didn't enjoy.

However saying this, I know a lot of people who love the food here and it may just be difference preferences.

I love the unique interior though, and still enjoy coming here for drinks and for some DJing nights.

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-12

Pros: Vegan options, interior, music

Cons: Texture and taste of dishes I had, not filling

Great burgers Guys!.... - Edit

We ate here for dinner. We split the butternut Chimichanga as a starter. It was good but it could have done with more chilli. I like spicy food and this was just a little too plain for me.

Then on to a burger and fries each. I had the Vegan 'Pulled Pork' - Delicious! Great smoky flavours and a perfect size. The handcut fries on the side were nicely done too. My wife had the Vege Halloumi burger & she thought that it was great as well. Nice!

I had a coffee and berry cheesecake for dessert. A generous slice for $4 and the flavour and consistency of the cheesecake was just right! (Not always the case with Vegan cheesecake!)

There were several options for Vegan desserts in the cabinet when we visited including a good looking chocolate cake.

Friendly and fast service in a vibrant and casual cafe/bar. We'll definitely return to try the Chilli bowl next time!

Pros: Vegan and Vege items nicely defined on the menu, Moderate pricing - good value, Good coffee too!

Return to Wellington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laundry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.