Laughing Planet - Corvallis

• Veg-friendly
Contact 541-286-4048

127 NW 2nd St, Corvallis, Oregon, USA, 97330

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quick-service restaurant with locations in Oregon. Dedicated to whole, unprocessed, sustainable food. Menu includes burritos, bowls, soups, salad, smoothies, cookies, beer, and cocktails.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by tofupotpie

Reliable - Edit

Laughing planet has a small vegan/vegetarian menu. It's staple for my daughter. She always orders the Bean and cheese burrito with no cheese. I like the chili with a side of mashed potatoes, some of the vegan burrito though those offerings on the menu changes sometimes. They also have chips and guac which is good.

Pros: Fast, Tasty, Vegan/Vegetarin options.

Cons: Too many meat options, Sometimes super busy

Good healthy food, friendly staff, no attitude; pleasant change! - Edit

Start off with an eye for flesh ingredients, had a positive attitude. Add a bit of diversity, and you've got an excellent recipe for success. I hope they are always this good!

Pros: Lots of Veg and vegan choices. simple but tasty or

Cons: Portions are a little smaller than I prefer.

3 time losers - Edit

i've given them 3 chances at one simple order and they screwed it up each time. i tried to order the vegan version of the caesar chavez and not only said the word 'vegan' but also 'no cheese' both at the beginning of placing my order and at the end. guess what came on my salad every single freakin time-cheese! on the menu it plainly texts (make it vegan, omit the cheese) so that leads me to the assumption that these bozos know what both 'vegan' and 'cheese' mean, but apparently that's giving them too much credit. 3 time the charm, laughing planet is boned. i'll happily take my money elsewhere from now on

Pros: cute atmosphere, downtown location, not too pricey

Cons: can't get an order correct, 2 trips into town for 1 meal, repeat same errors over and over

Perfect road trip stop - Edit

Setting the stage: Stopped here with my family (all carnivores but myself) on our travels up the West coast. At 8pm on a Monday night, nice and empty besides a few friendly yoga-mat-toting college students exiting. We ordered at the counter right away, were immediately given a bowl of chips & delicious garlicky roasted pepper Medium-heat salsa to nosh while we waited less than 5 minutes for our food to be brought to our table (outdoor seating available!)

The menu: Great variety. From kale salad to grilled veggie quesadilla to Thai brown rice bowl to Cuban burrito to smoothies. Smoothie note: no classic "green smoothies", though you can choose to add Spirulina green algae for $1 (I did). Also, the fruit used in the smoothies are fresh (bamanas, berries), but each smoothie also has 1 canned juice component (most include apple juice).

The food: Ordered the Cuban Bowl (brown rice, plantains, sweet potatoes, black beans, fresh pico de gallo salsa), after reading positive reviews for the similarly-flavored Che Guevallo burrito. So good! Hearty meets sweet, with a zingy fresh topping. Almost couldn't finish the whole dish myself, very filling. Also ordered the Marionberry Ginger smoothie with Spirulina, which was great. The berry was tart and they were generous with the ginger. Another family member ordered the Thai Bowl (brown rice, seasoned tofu, spiced green beans, peanut saice, Thai slaw), and it was extremely good too.

The review: 2 of 4 of our family members were very satisfied. The exceptions: my brother, a chicken wing & barbecue sauce & burger lover ordered a Chicken Burrito and ate it all, but didn't love it. But he loved the chips and salsa. My mother, a vegetable-repulsed picky eater with a sweet tooth, ordered the Bean & Cheese Burrito and was similarly blasé about it. But she loved her Banana Coconut Smoothie. So: Enough choices for all to eat, but expect best results if you are a more adventurous veggie-lover.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 20, 2013

Pros: Variety

A fun vegan option - Edit

I was really impressed with Laughing Planet. The food tasted great, the atmosphere was fun, and the people were really friendly. The vegan options were made obvious and I think they put interesting twists on some more common items. The Che Guevarra burrito was so good with its plaintain, sweet potato, and black bean goodness that I had to think of an excuse to come back to town and get another one the next day. They also serve a nice selection of local beers.

Pros: Fun atmosphere, Good labeling of vegan options, Friendly employees

A nice addition for Corvallis - Edit

It was exciting to have a Laughing Planet open in Corvallis after already being familiar with them from their Portland locations for many years. LP is a great addition to Corvallis. LP has an array of good vegan options and they can alter other items listed with cheese and meat on the menu by substituting daiya cheese and/or tempeh if you ask (there is an extra charge for the daiya). Their cookies aren't labeled as vegan but the recipes are- whenever I ask they tell me they're vegan. My favorites on the menu are the Thai bowl & Che Guevarra burrito with tempeh. The salads are also good.
The menu clearly indicates what is vegan and that modifications can be requested. They are also willing to alter for food allergy reasons. LP has Good coffee and beer, friendly staff and a clean and fun decor. Order and pay at the counter and they bring you your order.

Pros: vegan options, vegan desserts, healthy and tasty

Cons: serves meat also

Return to Corvallis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laughing Planet - Corvallis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1598 times since Jul 2012.