Laughing Buddha

Contact 705-673-2112

194 Elgin St (at downtown), Sudbury, Ontario, Canada, P3E 3N5

Serves meat, vegan options available. The vegetarian food includes pizzas, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, falafel, hummus platter, and soup of the day. Also daily vegan soups. Offers vegan cheese for pizzas. Wide range of beverages, including beers from all over the world. The kitchen is careful not to contaminate vegetarian toppings with the meat - be specific. Lights and heaters can be used at night on the patio and in slightly chillier weather. Offers almond milk for coffee. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by KD

More like Weeping Buddha - Edit

My partner and I, both vegans, came here for drinks and dinner.

Sweet location by the train tracks, dingy place, but a huge patio in the back (smoking, and man were people smoking).

The service was the crappiest I've ever had. No one knew if there was room on the patio, and no one would put us on the possibly non-existent waiting list. Luckily the one non-idiot server snagged us a spot.

The generally angry waitress spilled used cream all over my partner's leg while badly cleaning our sticky table. She then wandered off, did some other stuff, and eventually came back with, I swear to Buddha, a single sad dry napkin.

The deep-fried pickles with banana ketchup were flipping fantastic and made our night somewhat bearable (well, that and the beer).

The pizza was terrible: flaccid and tasteless, but we ate it anyway because we were starving. We ordered a curry chickpea salad. It was, without joking, canned chickpeas caked in dry curry powder and thrown on wilted spinach. It was entirely inedible. The waitress disagreed and refused to take it off the bill. She, needless to say, received no tip.

Luckily we live, far, far away from Sudbury and never have to consider going here again.

[edit by staff]

1 sad cow (for the pickles and beer)

A hidden treasure! - Edit

I lived in Sudbury for a few years before I discovered the Laughing Buddha. The "zen za" pizza is to die for, and I love the hummus with pita. It's so refreshing to have so many menu choices in Sudbury.

I love the patio. If you're there in the summer, be sure to check it out! And if you're chilly, ask for them to light one of the heaters.

Pros: Tasty, Good selection, Patio

Cons: Service is slow

Return to Sudbury Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laughing Buddha closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.