Los Cuates

Contact 505-897-7441

10051 Coors Blvd NW, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87114

Serves meat, vegan options available. New Mexican food restaurant with multiple locations. Has a vegetarian section on the menu where the dishes are not cooked in butter and many could be made vegan - let your server know. Veggie tacos, fajitas, chips and salsa, beans, rice potatoes, sopapillias, etc. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, New Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Evolving

Mediocre Food, Terrible Service - Edit

Note: This is about the Menaul location, but I'd rather not add every location of this restaurant to Happy Cow.

Good: Both red and green chiles are vegan friendly and they are happy to make menu substitutions as required to make a dish vegan

Okay: The food. It was fine, nothing special but filling enough. Pretty good beans. The salsa for the chips is more of a chile sauce, which I didn't love, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Bad: The service was terrible. Slow, distracted, left off portions of the dishes, impossible to find for a solid 30 minutes of the meal. Also, he seemed very unsure about details about the food, but he WAS happy to go check, which I appreciated.

Pros: Vegan chiles!, Flexible with the menu

Cons: Service, Weird salsa

Perfect VEGAN New Mexican Food - Edit

I was giddy!

I went in not expecting much (I'd been here before my vegan days and the food was great but I'd never noticed any veg options).

So glad we went...I was able to get exactly what I wanted and it was 100% vegan! There is fairly good selection of vegetarian options and most can be made vegan.

I had a stuffed sopapilla-stuffed with beans, potatoes, and rice with a side of guacamole, chips, salsa and red chilie.

I was one happy Veganisita! I can not wait to go back. I even had the waitress come ask if it was the way I wanted- she was great and the manager said she was the newest member!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday May 06, 2014

Pros: Patient waitstaff/Yummy food, Ambiance/outside seating options, Great food/Good portions

Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Los Cuates closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1009 times since May 2014.