CLOSED: Laroush

Contact 330-548-5454

425 Franklin Ave, Kent, Ohio, USA, 44240

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family oriented restaurant that makes their food fresh every day from family recipes. Confirmed closed, Sep 2015. Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Fast food, Non-veg

First Review by RunVeg

Fantastic food, veg-knowledgeable, and affordable - Edit

This is a Mediterranean/Middle Eastern take-out restaurant (has a couple of tables). It is incredible, and one of the owners knows my order by now! Get the Extreme 15 ($6), which is vegan by default. It's a ton of veggies, garlic paste, hummus, and a falafel in a toasted pita. Add rice and lentils and hot sauce--AMAZING. The hummus is incredibly creamy--get it with the pita chips. They make it there with a VitaMix. The grape leaves were okay, a little oily, but I don't think I'll get them again. Their smoothies ($4-5) are delicious and made with only fruits and juices. This place has incredibly weird hours and I've gone there to find it closed probably more than open, but I think they're working on trying to get their hours matched up with customers. GREAT drunk food.
Updated from previous review on Monday January 16, 2012

Update: the previous owners sold the restaurant to a new couple, and the place has really gone downhill. It was closed for a few months and really got out of my regular rotation. They microwave the falafel now, there are fewer ingredients in each of the rolls, and you get way less food. Also, the lady owner is freaking weird and makes the most awkward conversation. And even though I had gone there on a regular basis, she asked me every single time if it was my first time there. If I'm in there multiple times a week, maybe remember that I've been there before?

Pros: Veg friendly

Cons: Weird hours, New owners strange, Way less food now

Return to Kent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Laroush closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1996 times since Mar 2011.