Lao Thai Restaurant

The Cliffs, Cheddar, England, BS27 3QA

Serves meat, vegan options available. The in-house menu clearly labels vegan dishes and ones that can be made vegan. Try the crispy tiger prawns made of soy protein. A major plus is that the vegan versions of some dishes include tofu as a substitute (rather than just leaving out the meat). Chef is happy to customize dishes for you; just ask. Located right at the entrance to Cheddar Gorge.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Laotian, Non-veg

First Review by Fruchtfledermaus05

wonderful - Edit

We came here looking for something interesting to eat and thats what we got. The food was delicious, well presented and the vegetarian options were plentiful. I just wish we were spending more time in the area to try the whole menu! It was out of season so I cannot make full comments on service as it was a lot quieter than normal, but what we experienced the people were friendly and attentive.

Pros: lots of vegetarian options include a starting plat

Nice and Spicy! - Edit

I came here for dinner with friends recently, and was impressed! Despite being a week night, it was fairly busy, so a nice lively atmosphere... I had the Gang Ka Ri yellow curry from the Lao menu, the chef was happy to veganise it (has chicken normally)and it was really tasty and filling! The staff are very friendly. There were a number of vegan options on the menu (including "crispy tiger prawns" made of soy protein,I didn't try, but if I go back I'll definitely give these a go!)and dishes can be veganised if you ask nicely :) it's great that there's a restaurant offering vegan options in this area, as every other eatery here seems to be a tea-shop or a pub serving "traditionally British" meals (which of course to a vegan means chips and a side salad...). Go if you're in the area!

Pros: Really tasty food, Nice staff, good options

Cons: bit out of the way

Return to Cheddar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lao Thai Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.