Laneway Greens

Contact 0396390619

Shop 2, 242 Flinders Lane, Melbourne, Victoria,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe offering salads, bowls, and fresh juices. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by beancurdled

rip-off - Edit

Thought this would be a nice, healthy option for weekday lunch. The shopfront looks slick and there is bench seating at the window and along one wall. Surprisingly, none of the salads are vegan. You can remove dairy to veganise but they don't offer substitutes. I ordered the beet and corn one, minus chipotle yoghurt dressing. I paid and extra $3 for added avocado, bringing my salad up to a whopping $18. I would be willing to pay that much for something special but this was nothing special. I actually wondered whether the beetroot came from a jar. The different varieties of corn were cute - sweet corn kernels, baby corn, toasted corn, and tortilla chips. Salad mix made up half of the bowl's bulk though and it just wasn't tasty. The packaging was also excessive. It came in a cardboard bowl with a lid, with a cardboard band around that, in a giant paper bag. Hip packaging and, sure, better than plastic as at least its biodegradable but I just felt ridiculous walking back to work with it. Wouldn't go back.

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laneway Greens closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.