Lands in Love - Tierras Enamoradas

Contact 506-2447-9331

Route 272, from San Ramon to La Fortuna, 32km from San Ramon, 1km to the right, Arenal, Costa Rica, 42-50

Hotel, vegetarianrestaurant, adventure center, and travel planning of all the attractions in Costa Rica. Wide variety of unique dishes include lafa wrap, protein dish, desserts, and endless shake combinations. Location is 45 minute drive from Arenal volcano.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Israeli

First Review by Jude Harkner

Great Vegan/Vegetarian Food - Edit

We didn't actually stay at this hotel, but only experienced the restaurant on our way to Arenal Volcano. I must say that the food was just exceptional! Especially for us healthy eaters - they had lots of options. They even had a separate vegan menu. Everything was organic and delicious. The place itself was like a tropical paradise - so open, with greenery everywhere, very quaintly decorated. They even let us have free coffee while we waited for our food to be prepared. The service was lovely. We would recommend this place to all! Most of Costa Rica doesn't have interesting vegan food - so we really appreciated this place and they have a true "love of animals".

Decent vegetarian food - Edit

Finding a true vegetarian or vegan restaurant in Costa Rica can be difficult. Lands in Love is purely vegetarian, and an animal-friendly zone, surrounded by lush, mountainous scenery.

We ordered our food to go. Note that most dishes are not vegan--you have to specifically request it. I had the veggie tacos, which were good. We tried some other dishes, like their pad thai, which were also decent. What I was a bit surprised by was that their to-go containers were made of styrofoam - a bit odd for a place that claims to care about the environment.

They have soy milk, and an espresso maker on-site. The soy latte that I ordered was really good. The service, while not overly-warm, was friendly and efficient. Overall, I would highly recommend, if not least because you won't find another vegetarian place around for hundreds of miles... Makes it hard to come here if you are not staying here, but makes a convenient stop if you are traveling between Arenal/Monteverde and San Jose/the Central Valley/Pacific Coast.

Pros: 100% Vegetarian, Large selection, Beautiful setting

Cons: Cheese/dairy in most dishes, Distant location

Unforgettable! - Edit

Going all the way to Costa Rica just to find the best vegetarian food I have ever tasted is not a usual thing at all.
The veggiburger, the lafa wrap, the humus, the cheese steak, everything I tried (and I tried everything) was just brilliant.
And just as important, the setup of this restaurant is a beautiful cloud forest in the heart of the jungle.

Don't miss it.

Pros: All dishes, Service, views

Just good food - Edit

As a very picky vegetarian eater I must say that the Lands in love restaurant exceeded all my expectations. I would rank it on my top 3 vegetarian restaurants and believe me I tried a lot.
I stayed at the hotel for 5 days and every dish that I tasted was either good, very good, excellent and unbelievable.
My not to miss list: the Israeli dish (the best humus that I had), the lafa wrap and the veggiburger that realy surprised me.
If you are in Costa Rica don't miss the Lands in love experience It's graet!

Pros: Taste - delicious, Service - great, Value - not expensive at all

Great veggie place - Edit

This is by far the best vegetarian restaurant in Costa Rica, so many unique dishes excelent service and location, right in the heart of the cloud forest.

Try the Lafa wrap, it's unbeleiveble, the cheese steak adn happy veggie burger.

If you're vegetarian + in CR this place is the number 1 place for you

Pros: Nice people, Location - in the forest, The lafa wrap

Excelent food thank you Naama - Edit

I highly recommend this hotel for vegetarians and vegans
Naama the chef is emazing i didn't beleive that i will eat such food in Costa Rica

The veggiburger the israeli food the taco and the shakes all tasty!!!!

Go there veggie people this should be your #1 place in CR

Pros: Food, Service, Tours

Bad coffee, Horrible service - Edit

We stopped in on the way to Arenal to get some coffee for the remainder of the trip, and to check out their restaurant. There were no menus sitting out to look out, and the attitude of the woman behind the counter was so bad we didn't bother asking her for one. My husband asked for her to fill up our to-go mug with coffee, and she accidentally charged us 8,000 colones for it (about $15), and then got really irritated and started stomping around trying to figure out how to fix it. When we finally were able to pay for the coffee, it was really bad. Which is surprising, because the Arenal area has several excellent local and organic coffees. It's a cute place in a great location, and I'm very happy there is at least one veg restaurant in that area, but honestly the attitude of the people who work there was so off-putting I would not likely go back to try the food.

Pros: vegetarian, give help to strays, location

Cons: poor service, unfriendly staff, expensive for what it is

Best hotel I know! - Edit

I must say that i'm not vegetarian. it's not so normal from where i'm coming from. I got to this hotel not on purpose but i'm not sorry for that because it's amazing. the views are lovley and the most suprising for me was the food. so delicious! as a meat lover i just kept on telling myself that i wish i had such a good vegetarian food from where i come from. the Lasagna with the soy meat was the best and the taco wasn't so far behind. and the deserts hmmm... yummi. The hotel offers many tours and things to do, the service of the owners all vegetarian is great they want to help all the time i started to think that i'm special but then i saw that they treat everybody the same way. I realy recommend this hotel - it's one of a kind!

Pros: Food, Service, tours

Excelente! - Edit

The hotel is a bit pricey, but has gorgeous grounds and the food is really very good. We were really impressed with the service! My mom asked for part of our dinner to be boxed so we could take it back to our room, and the waiter forgot to give it to us. We forgot, and we didn't really care so we just went back to our room. A few minutes later the woman had wrapped up the food when she remembered she didn't give it to us and took it all the way to our room for us, which was not extremely close. Everyone was super friendly and the place had a lot to offer.

Pros: beautiful nature, excelent food, helpful and friendly staff

Cons: not very near a town, expensive

Good food! - Edit

Stop with my wife for lunch at this delicious veggie hotel and restaurant.
We ate a taco and lasagna and it was not only good for Costa Rica, it was better then most of the veggie restaurants that i know in the states!
For desert I had a chocolate cake (they produce the chocolate by themselves) and my wife had a cheese cake. We decided to stay at the hotel and never regret it. They arrange for us tours with vegetarian lunch boxes (so much better then the regular rice and beans that you eat everywhere...) all the tours with professional guides - we had a great time, the staff at the hotel did a wonderful job in helping us with everything we needed in no time.

Pros: Service, Lasagna, Veggie tours

'Mixed' - Edit

We arrived after a long journey and were told that we could have room service/water. Later we received a call simply stating that there would be no room service and they didn't have any water. Not a nice welcome from an unfriendly woman.
Amazing location. From our room we saw countless birds, lizards, squirrels etc. Happy rescued dogs (not in cages)and cats live at the hotel. They are well cared for and have a lovely life. Some staff are great (but some are not).
Most hotel activities are excellent, but the forest walk was a waste of money. Excursions are good, but if you are a strict vegetarian, expect to go hungry (and pay for a meat meal as part of the deal). When it was requested, an early breakfast was refused. They didn't even offer bread/cereal which would have sufficed. Excursions leave early and it takes a long time to get anywhere. Lack of food deterred us from doing many of the things that we had planned.
Restaurant service is poor at times, but the chef is lovely. We had plenty to eat. When the hotel had a large party we were told when we could eat, taken into the back room, and given only a few options off the menu.
Service in the hotel generally is unsatisfactory. If you want something, be prepared to wait for it. You should have the expectation that it will never arrive.
The ethos of this place is fantastic. It has only been running for a short time. I'm sure it will improve.

Pros: Location, 100% Veg, Some Staff

Cons: Service, Practicality of Excursion, Some Staff

Return to Arenal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lands in Love - Tierras Enamoradas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2037 times since Aug 2007.