Land of Green Ginger

+44-1424434191

45 High St, Hastings, England, TN34 3EN

Serves meat, vegan options available. In Old Town. Has options for vegan breakfast and lunch food, which are usually marked, and staff know what veganism is. Dogs welcomed in both cafe and garden. Open Mon-Sat 7:30am-5:00pm, Sun 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by Rosa and Joe

Good service, strange food. - Edit

The service was good and they do have marked vegan options which is always welcome. Unfortunately the falafel lunch I had was very strange and not very tasty. Falafel seemed uncooked, like a mix that had been microwaved for 1 minute. This was accompanied by a standard salad, which was nice, but also an incredibly sweet and gelatinous tahini sauce. It was quite expensive for the quality of the food, although i've heard they can make a good vegan breakfast, so I may give them another chance!

Pros: Good service, Nice location, A couple of vegan lunch options

Cons: Strange Food

nice vegan breakfast! - Edit

We went for a vegan breakfast, it was really nice, everything was good and the staff are lovely and friendly. One of us had the full breakfast with substitutes: 3 sausages (Linda McCartney), bubble and squeak, baked beans, mushrooms, toast, grilled tomato. I had the sausage breakfast (smaller option: 2 vegan sausages, egg which I asked to be replaced with sautéd potatoes,toast). Slightly strangely, there is no veggie or vegan breakfast listed on the menu (although they say they do vegan sausages), which is why it took us a while to visit because we thought it might be complicated and weren't sure what the vegan breakfast would include. It was fine because the staff knew about veganism, knew exactly what was vegan, and everything that could be vegan was (eg the lovely bubble and squeak), and they had vegan spread. It would be nice ideally to have more clarity on the menu; it's great they're so happy to cater for vegans but they probably don't realise that it's a bit awkward for us always having to all for special treatment and it's much easier and more reassuring for us if the vegan breakfasts are simply listed on the menu. The lunch menu seems to have much clearer listed vegan items eg falafel, etc. Nice place, friendly, would be happy to go again!

Pros: vegan breakfast, staff know about veganism, friendly lovely cafe

Cons: vegan breakfast could be more clearly marked on me

Return to Hastings Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Land of Green Ginger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.