Lalibela Etiopisk Restaurant

Contact +45-35838000

Jagtvej 43, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2200

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegan dishes using split peas and lentils, plus other choices. Decorated with Ethiopian arts to provide a unique Ethiopian dining experience. Located in the heart of Norrebro. Open Mon-Fri 2:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm. Kitchen closed at 10pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Catering, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by piffelina

Nice experience but frozen food - Edit

The environment is good for a date. The lady lit a candle for us on a table. Traditional Ethiopian music is played. The restuarant is small but cosy. There is basically only 1 Vegan option, injera which is a flat savoury pancake made from teff and corn flour. It was served to us traditionally in a single plate that was in a large basket. We opted to eat together from the same plate instead of separate to have the traditional experience. about 5 curries and mixed veggies were placed on the Injera: 3 lentil curries, potato and carrot; and spinach.

I have eaten injera before but with a good diverse of curries, I think 3 types of lentils made it a bit boring. When the curries finish you can get more served to you.

Also 1 is big enough for 2 people, I know this from experience and yet she insisted that it is only enough for 1 person. If we go there again next time we will only order one item.

The injera was cold, it seemed that the food was not freshly made and was frozen and reheated.

They do not give people tap water to drink. This might be a norm in the country but I have never seen it before else where.

Pros: Traditional experience

Cons: Expensive, Food not Fresh , Serves animal flesh and secretions

Very cosy, easy to get vegetarian food - Edit

Very friendly service, we felt so welcome. Delicious lentil dishes. I didn't ask if the vegetarian dishes were vegan, maybe there was butter in some of them. If you don't specify that you don't want it, you will get a bit of cheese with the vegetarian platter.

Pros: so cosy, you get to eat with your hands, lentils + sourdough: you get full!

Cons: not sure whether any dishes are vegan

Ethipean - a different culinary experience - Edit

I was here on a date and can definitely recommend going here on one, or with friends, that you don't mind sharing your plate with - and eating with your hands.

I felt a bit uneasy about what my date showing up in hiking gear. The staff didn't mention it and were completely professional, BUT even though it isn't super fancy, it is sort of a nice place, and I'd recommend you come wearing whole and clean clothes.

Pros: Friendly and professional service

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lalibela Etiopisk Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1456 times since Jan 2015.