Lake Villa Guatemala Eco-Vegan Bnb and Retreats

• B&B B&B
  • Vegan
Contact 502-5050-0767

south side of the lake, near Cerro de Oro, Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala,

On the shore of Lake Atitlan, surrounded by volcanoes in the highlands of Guatemala, lies a unique destination: Lake Villa Guatemala. A private lakefront villa with spacious guest rooms, luxurious grounds, beautiful views, vegan cuisine, and personalized attention.

First Review by jqlizar

Amazing - Edit

I learned of the B&B through Happy Cow. The decision to stay at Lake Villa Guatemala was one of the best I ever made. This is a vegan destination fit for royalty. The food was absolutely amazing. Traci is very serious about her food. She makes almost everything from scratch. Her vast knowledge of food plants and ingredients is truly amazing. She ensures that all dietary needs are met. The food was fresh and when eating out she is able to help order vegan friendly meals. This B&B is a great place for Traci is an amazing cook with so much passion and love for healthy cooking and eating.

Pros: Great food, Never Hungry, Tailor to your needs

Vegan galore - Edit

I am not vegan, but decided to stay at a very lovely bed and breakfast that is strictly vegan. I wanted to try new foods and have a vegan experience.
Traci's kitchen is very clean and organized. She whips up all sorts of foods and experiments too. She has all sorts of kitchen gadgets and can really just cook up a storm.
The produce is all fresh and organic. The food is more than safe to eat. She goes beyond just cleaning it. She uses some sort of a sonic veggie cleaner that get's rid of extra dirt, pesticides, ect... So it's very safe for someone who is strictly on a raw diet. Also the she has a water filter system that makes the water safe to drink right out of the tap! She can accommodate an entire menu based on what your preferences are.
Her desserts are to die for. I would melt in my seat while eating dessert.
It's obvious that Traci is very passionate about her cooking and way of life in general. She would cook practically everything from scratch and she would of course make it look so easy.
As I mentioned before, I am not vegan. But certainly enjoyed my meals and felt satisfied after. Furthermore, Traci is a great teacher if you want tips! I believe she offers cooking workshops too.
I believe this place is paradise for a Vegan. You can just eat worry free. I have vegetarian friends who have gone out to eat at restaurants and would taste food and have to wonder if they even received the right dish. You can just relax and eat in peace here!
I highly recommend Lake Villa Guatemala. Besides the amazing food, the location is lovely. Right on a lake with views of volcanoes and Mayan villages. Last, but not least many activities/excursions to choose from. Or of course just relax in this peaceful setting.

Pros: Clean kitchen, Competent Chef, Delicous food

No worries - Edit

It was really comforting to know that for 3 days we wouldn't have to worry about our food being vegan! We totally relaxed in the beautiful setting and let Traci take care of the meals. Totally worth it the effort to get to her secluded part of the lake.

Two weeks at Atitlán - Edit

A refreshing experience. Two weeks of total relaxation. Accompanied boat trips to traditional villages and markets, overnight at a marvelous hot springs, a glass factory, and with beautiful countryside in between.

All this with gourmet vegan meals. Tracy and Mark gave us such warm and individual attention as to make us feel completely welcome.

Pros: wonderful vegan food, hospitality plus

Vegan Paradise - Edit

I’m pretty sure I’ll never eat that well again for a six-day stretch! I took Traci up on her offer of a vegan cooking workshop at Lake Villa Guatemala and it was exactly what I was looking for. We (used loosely – I did a lot of learning from the expert) cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of my stay (with a couple of exceptions to accommodate boat trips during the day). EVERYTHING (truly not an exaggeration) was delicious and I left for home with doable recipes, tips from an experienced chef, and a desire to see how vegan I can be (I’ve been vegetarian for years but only experimenting with veganism). The setting is beautiful, the bed and breakfast beautifully appointed, and I thoroughly enjoyed outings to several indigenous villages and kayaking on the lake. Traci took care of everything—including transportation to and from Guatemala City— and she and her partner, Mark, had lots of Guatemala-related knowledge which I was eager to lap up. Traci was lovely and my stay delightful. I highly recommend Lake Villa Guatemala. What a gem!

Pros: Fresh, healthy, delicious meals, Beautiful & modern

Our week at Lake Villa Guatemala - Edit

Traci and Mark’s Lake Villa is a hidden gem of a guesthouse on the magnificent Lake Atitlan; perfect for our week of solitude and romance, around luscious gardens and an unforgettable view of the lake and mountains. It’s modern, clean and comfortable, and there were fresh flowers in the bedroom and bathroom. A dedicated vegan chef, Traci takes pride in sourcing the best local produce. Her vegan meals convinced us that they can be as tasty as any other cuisine; and she gladly shared her recipes with us. And, to boot, Mark and Traci brought their beautiful songs to the house, and we lucked out to hear them perform in a restaurant in Panajachel.

Hartmut & Lynda

Wonderful escape from reality - Edit

We came across this place while looking to get away - anywhere - and thought what could be better than a few days on a lake at a vegan B&B. Traci (and Mark) are great fun, very knowledgable, helpful, and accomodating. The food was spectacular, and non-vegans who like GOOD FOOD will be quite content. The accomodations are modern, spacious, relaxing, and comfortable. While the location really is not near anything, that's kind of the point. Traci and her staff were always able to accomodate our plans and wishes to sightsee the various villages around the lake. This is a unique location and a perfect place to spend a few days to really BE on vacation.

Pros: Serenity, Great food, Comfy home

A jewel on the lake - Edit

If you're heading to Lake Atitlan and want a peaceful retreat in a beautiful quiet setting with extraordinary vegan food and hospitality, this is the place. The whole experience is amazing: The setting is as beautiful as it gets. The villa is comfortable and spacious. The food is so good you'll pinch yourself to make sure you're not dreaming. And Traci's hospitality is wonderful. This is a "way beyond" average experience.

Pros: The setting, The food , The hospitality

Cons: Could I have one in my town?

A phenomenal experience and an undiscovered gem! - Edit

I found this place on HappyCow and corresponded with Traci extensively before our trip. She was extremely helpful before and during our trip, to the extent that we felt that we had personal concierge service. Traci truly makes you feel at home, and you have full access to nearly the whole house. The house itself is beautiful and tastefully decorated, with space for exercise, interesting books, and views galore. There are stunning views of the lake from the lake view room. Boating to nearby villages (the most efficient means of transport) is easily and inexpensively arranged from your private dock. Supremely healthy, whole-food vegan cuisine is prepared with love and care. On the first evening, we were serenaded with a private concert by Traci and her musician-boyfriend Marc. Overall, this place offers exceptional value for money. As there are only two guest rooms, I strongly suggest that you book your visit now before there is a one year waiting list! This is not a mere hotel or guesthouse - you are Traci's personal guest in a journey of wellness.

A truly Awakening Experience - Edit

Opened my eyes from my bed in the morning to a vision of the lake against the backdrop of volcanic vistas and Mayan villages. I didn't even have to turn my head. The view is spectacular from the rooms, the gardens, the shared living space, the hot tub... The tours and ceremonies were arranged at our whimsy, from the Mayan markets to the sacred ceremonies, to the nut farm tour, to kayak rides on the lake. And hours of just being in the peaceful presence of the lake. It was beautiful. And the food of course; all beautifully and personally prepared by our hostess. The pesto is not to be missed and ask her to make you a cup of that amazing, native grown, hot cacao to start your morning. Talk about a treat! I'll be going back.

Pros: Peaceful, beautiful, healthy, delicious food, customized experience

Cons: My stay was too short.

Return to Santiago Atitlan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lake Villa Guatemala Eco-Vegan Bnb and Retreats closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4183 times since Sep 2011.