Laibon

Daily menu posted online, might include vegetarian dishes with lentils, couscous, and tofu plus salads and desserts. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by Miso Vegan

Gita scolastica - Edit

Cibo buono, fresco e nelle giuste quantità.
Scelta vasta.
Locale pulito ed accogliente, personale gentile e simpatico.
Manca il pagamento col bancomat (siamo nel 2017!!!) e la macchina del caffè espresso era rotta !!!

Vegan Love - Edit

Staff are amazing, atmosphere is sublime and the meals are delicious home cooked style that are huge and very inexpensive. It really is the only place to eat if you are vegan and thankfully it is wonderful. Big love

Not really - Edit

I was really looking forward to visit Laibon, while stazying in Cesky Krumlov. Staff was indeed very friendly, but goulash soup, curry lentil and vegetable sabzi were in fact the same blended lentil stew, pretty bland in taste. I was expecting some more veggies, rice (not arabic bread i was given) and really sweet n sour, salty, spicy dish... and of course difference between all dishes.
I hope their cooking skills will be improved, cause place itself is really nice and of course it is an oasis for vegans.

Pros: Staff, Place, Beverage offer

Cons: Food, Prices (too high as for the simplicity of thedish), Small tables

great - Edit

Great food and wonderful location outside on the river, but inside is very cosy too. Like all places in Cz smoking is a big negative at outside tables.

Pros: food being real vegetarian with vegan options - a

Cons: none

Vegan luck - Edit

Cesky krumlov is a beautiful spot but without this restaurant we might have found it difficult to eat. We were in Cesky only two days and ate here both days. The menu clearly marks the vegan choices and the food is excellent as was the beer. The owner David was very positive, experienced and engaging. The weather was warm and we enjoyed sitting by the river. Eating at this restaurant added greatly to our time in Cesky.

Pros: Excellent food, Great location , Very positive staff

Lovely riverside place with good food - Edit

Excellent service by staff to accommodate our dietary restrictions (Jain). Good food too and great riverside place to sit and eat! Recommended for vegetarians with dietary restrictions

Lots of vegan options - Edit

There aren't many vegan options in Cesky Krumlov, but fortunately this place is nice and has quite an extensive menu, so if you're staying for a few days you won't just have to eat the same dish. The menu is clearly marked with vegan dishes and those that can be made vegan. It's a little expensive due to the location, and has more outdoor seating than indoor. Service is really friendly and the food is hearty and filling. I had the laibur, which was bulgur wheat, carrot, walnuts and smoked tofu. It had a lot of flavour and really filled me up. I would definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great location, Friendly service

Cons: A little over priced

Super friendly and great view! - Edit

Lots of choices, good prices and friendly staff!

About the only option in town - Edit

Not the greatest restaurant we went to in the Czech Republic, but about the only choice in CK. If you're lucky you can sit by the river. Very friendly staff, but the dishes were a bit bland. Good portions though. With a bit more finesse this could be a winner.

Pros: Great seating by the river, Friendly staff

Cons: Not the greatest food

Best vegan options in CK - Edit

This lovely restaurant was my safe haven during a two weeks long workshop in Cesky Krumlov. The only place where you can get a proper meal without needing a Czech translator. The food is simple but good, and its clearly labelled on the menu what's vegan. I recommend the red curry and the Laibur.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 19, 2016

Pros: Friendly staff, fast service

Great Views of City - Edit

An interesting building right along the Vltava. We sat along the river and tried the Guacamole, the Laibur (Bulgur with sauteed carrots, walnuts, smoked tofu and tamari), home-made Lemonade and a beer.

They do have meals with animal products. I would probably try sometime other than the Laibur but I would go back, definitely.

Pros: Location, Service, Good selection

Great service, including a cat! - Edit

Go here!
The staff was wonderful. They went out of their way to make me a special vegan dessert. Seriously, we could not have had better service. It is right on the river, so you can sit with a gorgeous view of the town. They have a huge selection of teas. There is even a cat who hangs around and will say hi if you sit outside. and, of course, the food was all splendid as well. Vegan options were clearly marked.

Pros: wonderful staff, unique decor, sometimes there is a cat!

Premium location. - Edit

After hiking up nearby Mt Klet, I was beyond famished. I had spotted a sign on the main drag of the medieval part of Cesky Krumlov that advertised for this restaurant and knew I had to try it. The restaurant is located right on the river with tables outside on a patio. The service was okay, it was a tad slow but we weren't in any rush, so it was perfectly acceptable. The food was good. I probably would not have gotten my dish again, though. It was a bulgar dish with veggies. It was good but I would have enjoyed more flavor.

best staff ever - Edit

I ate at Laibon each of the 4 days that I spent in Cesky Krumlov. David the owner is super cool. On the days that he's not there, the other guy working there is also really cool. Good location by the river with nice views. Good food. My non-vegetarian parents loved the place as well.

Pros: best staff , good food , location

Great veg fare in CK - Edit

As two vegetarians traveling through Eastern Europe we loved that the #1 restaurant (on Trip Advisor) in Cesky Krumlov was Laibon! We enjoyed a great evening with lovely food - me, the burrito, and my sister, the sampler plate. David (believe he is the owner?) was extremely friendly and even offered us an unexpected dessert on the house. Definitely make this your dinner stop in Cesky Krumlov!

Pros: Great service

Laibon - Edit

We ate at this very neat restaurant while in Cesky Krumlov and our food was abundant and delicious. The owner is so eager to please and clearly excited to offer wonderful veg food. The menu is long, the location is great, and the restaurant is also very eclectic and cute. The owner speaks great English so that helped too. Heartily recommended!

Pros: great menu, nice building, good location

Cons: no cons whatsoever!

Wonderful food and great ambiance - Edit

Ate lunch here every day we were in CK (4X). Enjoyed every dish- love the burritos, you don't get pinto beans often in the Czech Republic. David, the owner, is delightful and genuinely eager to please. His English (and 4 other languages) is excellent. The view from the outside tables is fabulous and the mallard ducks swimming by on the river are lovely.

Pros: good variety of dishes, all are meatless, gorgeous views, friendly staff

Cons: none

Nice food with an amazing view - Edit

Restaurant is located by the river with a stunning view over the castle. Staff was very friendly and easy going but food was served as ordered and quickly. Maybe I would work on adding to the dish some extra twist to make them more exclusive but overall we were all happy with both meals and service.

Return to Cesky Krumlov Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laibon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.