First Review by Otranto

About the only option in town - Edit

Not the greatest restaurant we went to in the Czech Republic, but about the only choice in CK. If you're lucky you can sit by the river. Very friendly staff, but the dishes were a bit bland. Good portions though. With a bit more finesse this could be a winner.

Pros: Great seating by the river, Friendly staff

Cons: Not the greatest food

Best vegan options in CK - Edit

This lovely restaurant was my safe haven during a two weeks long workshop in Cesky Krumlov. The only place where you can get a proper meal without needing a Czech translator. The food is simple but good, and its clearly labelled on the menu what's vegan. I recommend the red curry and the Laibur.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 19, 2016

Pros: Friendly staff, fast service

Great Views of City - Edit

An interesting building right along the Vltava. We sat along the river and tried the Guacamole, the Laibur (Bulgur with sauteed carrots, walnuts, smoked tofu and tamari), home-made Lemonade and a beer.

They do have meals with animal products. I would probably try sometime other than the Laibur but I would go back, definitely.

Pros: Location, Service, Good selection

Great service, including a cat! - Edit

Go here!
The staff was wonderful. They went out of their way to make me a special vegan dessert. Seriously, we could not have had better service. It is right on the river, so you can sit with a gorgeous view of the town. They have a huge selection of teas. There is even a cat who hangs around and will say hi if you sit outside. and, of course, the food was all splendid as well. Vegan options were clearly marked.

Pros: wonderful staff, unique decor, sometimes there is a cat!

Premium location. - Edit

After hiking up nearby Mt Klet, I was beyond famished. I had spotted a sign on the main drag of the medieval part of Cesky Krumlov that advertised for this restaurant and knew I had to try it. The restaurant is located right on the river with tables outside on a patio. The service was okay, it was a tad slow but we weren't in any rush, so it was perfectly acceptable. The food was good. I probably would not have gotten my dish again, though. It was a bulgar dish with veggies. It was good but I would have enjoyed more flavor.

best staff ever - Edit

I ate at Laibon each of the 4 days that I spent in Cesky Krumlov. David the owner is super cool. On the days that he's not there, the other guy working there is also really cool. Good location by the river with nice views. Good food. My non-vegetarian parents loved the place as well.

Pros: best staff , good food , location

Great veg fare in CK - Edit

As two vegetarians traveling through Eastern Europe we loved that the #1 restaurant (on Trip Advisor) in Cesky Krumlov was Laibon! We enjoyed a great evening with lovely food - me, the burrito, and my sister, the sampler plate. David (believe he is the owner?) was extremely friendly and even offered us an unexpected dessert on the house. Definitely make this your dinner stop in Cesky Krumlov!

Pros: Great service

Laibon - Edit

We ate at this very neat restaurant while in Cesky Krumlov and our food was abundant and delicious. The owner is so eager to please and clearly excited to offer wonderful veg food. The menu is long, the location is great, and the restaurant is also very eclectic and cute. The owner speaks great English so that helped too. Heartily recommended!

Pros: great menu, nice building, good location

Cons: no cons whatsoever!

Wonderful food and great ambiance - Edit

Ate lunch here every day we were in CK (4X). Enjoyed every dish- love the burritos, you don't get pinto beans often in the Czech Republic. David, the owner, is delightful and genuinely eager to please. His English (and 4 other languages) is excellent. The view from the outside tables is fabulous and the mallard ducks swimming by on the river are lovely.

Pros: good variety of dishes, all are meatless, gorgeous views, friendly staff

Cons: none

Nice food with an amazing view - Edit

Restaurant is located by the river with a stunning view over the castle. Staff was very friendly and easy going but food was served as ordered and quickly. Maybe I would work on adding to the dish some extra twist to make them more exclusive but overall we were all happy with both meals and service.

lovely experience - Edit

We stayed in CK for 3 days and ate here 4 times, we managed to try almost every dish on the menu, I recommend getting the combination or using the half order option if you want to try as many dishes as possible.
Food wise I will give it a 4 star, but Overall considering their excellent friendly staff and atmosphere, I feel a five is well deserved.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 31, 2012

Pros: lovely atmosphere , friendly staff, good food

Cons: when busy, food can be slow to serve

Wonderful! - Edit

I was so happy to find a vegetarian restaurant in Český Krumlov. My friend and I were the first to arrive, and spent a wonderful sunny morning sat by the riverside sharing great food. We did not leave for over two hours as we were so content. By the time we left the place was pretty full. David was so kind to us, and even brought us over free desert and tea! He is very friendly, knowledgeable and speaks excellent English! Definitely worth a visit! Český Krumlov is a magical, beautiful place!

Pros: Healthy food, Great staff, Excellent location

one of the best parts of my trip - Edit

So happy to have found this place. My friends and I sat by the river and it was so beautiful. The view paired with our excellent food was just overwhelming. I got smoked tofu and a huge thing of veggies, hummus and pita bread. A friend of mine got something called 'dragons tongues' which were seitan im pretty sure.. anyway, they were delicious.

Pros: vegan options, great setting, delicious

Cesky Krumolv's - Edit

Český Krumlov is one of the best destinations outside of Prague in the Czech Republic, and it is lucky to have this vegetarian restaurant! The food was very tasty and they had a lot of options. The staff was friendly and very nice, if not a little wierd. I found the environment to be minimalist and pleasantly simple, while my girlfriend found it to be empty and bare, as if they had just moved in. I am sure it is much nicer in summer though when you can be outside. The price was right as well. If you are a vegetarian in Cesky Krumlov then this place is a must. I heard from a woman in a bookstore in Cesky Krumlov that it used to be better than it is now thuogh... but Even if you are not veg, this place will probably rank among other excellent dining experiences such as the traditional taverns. It did for me at least.

Pros: Food - wonderful, food arrived quickly, price was fair

Cons: decor - depending on your tastes

wonderful! - Edit

I was thrilled to find this place just down the road from our hotel. When the other tour group members went off to a meat-centered meal ("mixed grill"), I had a delicious dinner at Laibon. I arrived about 6 pm, when only another two people were dining, but it filled up by 8 pm. Had a nice conversation with the young man owner, who speaks excellent English. The restaurant is open year round and is not "ovo" vegetarian as the happycow description says; it is lacto, though. The menu is varied and full of starters, main dishes (including macrobiotic), side dishes, salads, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages, teas, draft beer. I had a dark, strong beer and a macrobiotic plate of bulgar, carrots, cabbage, tempeh, etc. Total cost: 178 Czech Koruna.

Pros: good value, varied menu, English-speaking owner

a highlight of our trip - Edit

went here for dinner and ate inside and then finished off the night sitting outside having drinks along the river looking up at the castle! such an amazing place to relax and enjoy the character of krumlov. went here again the next day for lunch, and ate in the sun along the river watching baby ducks playing. the service is very friendly and personable. there are many options to choose from, it was hard deciding what to order!

Pros: atmosphere, food, service

Riverside Dining - Edit

Really casual, you can sit at a rustic table right next to the river and maybe even share it w/other tourists. We ate there twice. It was really good both times. We went back for the marinated soy, or w/e they called it. It was really good seitan. The other things we tried were nearly as good. Also, good beer at a fair price. Ask them not to salt the food, because the first time, it was super-salty, but the next night, I remembered to ask them not to salt it and it was way better. Our waiter was this fantastic guy with perfect English and smart opinions on American politics. Wow.

Super food, super view - Edit

We visited the restaurant a week ago, and we were very satisfied with the food. Staff speaks english, the garden has a beautiful view at the castle, and the price is very moderate. We will definitely go back.

Pros: friendly staff, nice and simple ambiente

The only choice, and the best choice - Edit

Laibon holds it down as the only veggie restaurant in Cesky Krumlov, and it does its job exceedingly well. The food is delicious, and I like that they include a lot of seasonal options on it. The only thing that tops the taste is the atmosphere... Its a small little place, super cozy, with a calming tea room. The owner is almost always there and they go out of there way to accomodate everyone who comes in. They also speak English well.

Pros: great location, abundant tea selection, reasonably priced

Cons: not a lot of seating

Oh yes - Edit

This place is great! And the staff is friendly. My friend and I ate here every day during out stay back in October 2005, and I'll definitely go back. There were lots of vegan options, and the food was really yummy and filling. Our waiter was super nice. Reopened the tea room for us our first night to show us around, and even got us in to see a concert in the old castle for free. I can't remember everything I had, but I liked it all. Of course, being the Czech Republic, any foreign cuisine that is traditionally spicy won't be, but it was still good.

Pros: Awesome Staff, Good value, Great Food

a great find - Edit

I went to Laibon several times before the flood. I haven't yet been back since then (hopefully next year - I'm so glad the flood didn't put them out of business!). Anyway, the indoor part is sort of cave-like (But it's *not* underground!) but we always managed to eat on the patio, which has a great view of the castle. You can canoe/kayak/swim right up to it ... Very good food, very good dessert. The service was friendly and knowledgeable each time.

Pros: Can do vegan, location, staff, prices

Return to Cesky Krumlov Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laibon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3691 times since Aug 2007.