Lai Thai Kitchen

1621 Leonard St NE (at Fuller), Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, 49505

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food menu with also Vietnamese and Chinese dishes. Kitchen will make a dish vegan upon request, such as using seitan or tofu in place of meat in a dish. Lunch buffet on weekdays. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by grandmabutt

Underwhelmed - Edit

I thought I'd give this place a shot since their only review was from a couple of years ago. The staff was friendly and my food actually didn't take too long. However, I paid extra for extra tofu and veggies in the Vegetable Tofu Supreme (please look at the picture I posted) and requested it to be mild as opposed to spicy. Had I not gotten carry-out, I would've requested a refund. I hate to leave a bad review, but not only did I return to my hotel to find that I mainly had a container of sauce but it was liquid fire. I will check my food before leaving establishments in the future and I certainly won't be returning here.

Cons: mild = spicy, paying extra for more is a rip-off, somewhat of a hole-in-the-wall joint

Not Great - Edit

Casual strip mall setting. Visited on multiple occasions, and every time the service is super slow. The meat eaters at my table had the same amount of tofu in their noodle dishes as mine. I would have expected more. There is better Thai food in GR. I've never eaten from the buffet, but there is a small one with some vegan options I believe.

Return to Grand Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lai Thai Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.