Laguna Libre

+39-412440031

Fondamenta Cannaregio, 969, Venice, Italy, 30121

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sit-down dining with your choice of a la carte with vegan options or 3-course vegan menu. Source organic where possible with some vegetables grown on an island in the lagoon. Menu changes and is posted on its website. Hosts live music and jazz nights. Open Mon-Sun 6:00pm-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by pacmantoo

not for vegans - Edit

First off the vibe in this place is quite odd and sad. I ordered the vegan 3 course menu because everything else on the menu that was stated to be vegan wasn't, for example had seafood or cheese. The meal itself was really bland and small and cold and quite expensive. The waiter also gave us a complimentary appetiser to begin with which was cheese even though I told them at the beginning we were vegan. They didn't really have any idea. Do not recommend !!

Pros: live music

Great food, fine dining - Edit

I had the 33 Euro Menu Vegano. Really good, innovative cuisine. First course was a rice pancake roll filled with vermicelli and brown lentils. in a lovely ragu with peas and rocket. Main was a lovely vegetable Tajin. The desert was a selection of three sorbets - all good, but the lemon sorbet was to die for. Easily the best I've tasted in 30 years! They threw in some free soup, a traditional Venitian welcome dish with three types of great home made bread ( I make my own, so am choosy)

Pros: Excellent food, Three courses will fill you up, Also live music

Cons: Proper dining, so not the cheapest

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Laguna Libre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.