Lagniappe

Contact 070-42145791

Seongnam, Seongnam, South Korea, 13560

Serves meat, vegan options available. New Orleans influenced restaurant at 경기도 성남시 분당구 정자일로 121 B15-16 호 serving a mix of Cajun, Mexican, Vietnamese dishes. Has Wi-Fi. Could get a vegan banh mi, a rice (or noodle) bowl with tofu & seasonal veggies in soy sauce, or a DIY rice paper wrap plate for two. Open Tue-Sun 10:30am-9:30pm.

Category: Ovo, American, Take-out, Fusion, Vietnamese, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by LindseyCayer

Great community restaurant - Edit

The bilingual owners and staff are extremely accommodating to my dietary needs, and are a great business to have within our community. They really know NOLA's food and ambiance. Ask about their secret menu. :)
Clean facilities in a great neighborhood. Portions are generous and all the products are fresh and well made.

Pros: Great staff, Great food, Great value

Cons: Happycow won't let me leave a 5 star rating

Perfection every time - Edit

The food and owners are the finest in the country. This place hugs the stomach and the soul. Every meal, every time, I'm am impressed with the love, quality, taste and price.

This is the first time I felt "home" in a long time.

Pros: Quality, Flavor , Variety

Cons: None.

Wonderful chef, yummy bahn mi sandwich! :) - Edit

I never thought Lagniappe has vege dishes. :) In their official menu, you can’t find any vege dish, but please don’t let it fool you. As soon as you tell their staff you are a vegetarian or vegan, they will fetch their wonderful chef! She is awfully nice and helpful, and she will tell you their secret(?) vege dishes. Unfortunately, I haven’t tried all their vege dishes yet, but I love vege bahn mi sandwich there. :)

The 2nd part~ :)

I have been to Lagniappe again recently, and as always, the chef and staff greeted me and my girlfriend warmly. They remembered us well and knew what we were gonna order. While we were munching away our delicious food, the chef materialized all of a sudden and gave us something she improvised on that night for free, which, of course, surprised us a lot. :)

Since she improvised, it wasn’t on their official menu. She remembers that my girlfriend is a strict Buddhist vegetarian so her options are very limited. That is why she improvised a new dish for us though we got there pretty late. How nice is that! :) And the new dish was awfully tasty!

So, folks, if you go to Lagniappe, like vege food there, and intend to go back again, please remember this. The chef is just so wonderful and flexible that if you let her know you are coming in advance, then she will prepare more for you. :) So please go enjoy our Lagniappe.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-18

Pros: Wonderful chef, Yummy bahn mi sandwich, Friendly staff

Cons: I can't think of any, :)

Take 2 - Edit

I originally went to this restaurant and did not intend on going back but when I posted that it was salty the restaurant owners told me to come back and try it again for free. -- I still hold by what I said. The burrito at Lagniappe was salty. When I went to try it again without saying who I was the woman was talking badly about me commenting and talking to other customers about me and my comment that her food was salty. I ate one bite and just asked for it to go so I could leave. The woman owner asked if I was the one who had complained about last time and I said "it doesn't matter" because " you were rude to me" this time as I went to pay for the burrito, which I only ate one bite of, because as expected it was salty, in addition to the fact that the woman was talking badly about me, but I was going to pay for it and just be done with the place. I was so angry and disgusted with their lack of professionalism. She told the girl not to charge me (& called me 'rude' for voicing my opinion about her SALTY food) as I was trying to pay for it and she wouldn't let me so I left the burrito there. (I did message them before to ask if they just said about a free burrito for show ~ which I still think it was, especially from their response). I was there when they received the message and therefore heard their response to the message). I'm so disgusted with that place. I've worked in the food industry for many years and never has anyone been so disrespectful as the woman at that restaurant. I'm going to stick to places where the people treat me with respect. You should definitely go to a different place, not here.

Pros: waitstaff speaks English

Cons: owners are very rude, food is salty

Best Food in Bundang - Edit

Awesome place with a great atmosphere and delicious food. The owner is as nice of a person as I have ever met. I am a vegan and my wife is not, but two bites into the meal we both looked at eachother and said "we are coming back here as often as possible". I told the server I was a vegan and he told me to wait a second while he got the owner from the back. She came out and gave me a ton of options that she could make for me. I went with the vegan Bahn Mi and OMG it was the best thing ever. They make all of their own bread in house, and you can tell right away. Their breads are delicious. There is not enough praise that I coyld possibly give to this place. I am so happy to have found it.

Pros: Vegan options , Friendly staff , Great food

A must eat! - Edit

A friendly staff with exceptional food. There is a hybrid of Vietnamese and New Orleans startle food. The vegan Banh Mi is a must have. Add a side of Guac and your meal is complete. But please don't forget the beignets! This is our new favorite restaurant!

Pros: Multitude of options in food. willing to meet diet

Amazingly delicious, and perfect for large groups with varying tastes! - Edit

This restaurant is just so great, for so many reasons!

For one, just a glance at their menu, and you will see a wide array of options-Mexican, Cajun, Vietnamese, and all with vegan friendly options! I am both vegan and gluten free, which can be an absolute nightmare when trying to eat out in general, but especially when with a group. Lagniappe has been a lifesaver! Not only is their food mouthwatering, but they really do have an option for everyone!

The second reason I love Lagniappe so much, is the hospitable staff. The owners are so sweet and accommodating, and you can tell they really want everyone to enjoy their meal, which is never a problem!

Lastly, although I could list reasons that this place is great FOREVER, is their location! Right in new Jeongja and close to the Bundang and Shinbundang line, this restaurant is a well placed refuge from the busyness of Seoul. Located on a pedestrian side street, you can sit on their patio and enjoy the quiet (and sun!) on nice days, or dine inside their restaurant.

Lagniappe is a must try for everyone, and I bet it will become a fast favorite!

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-20

Pros: Accommodating staff, The number of options, Wonderful place for large groups

Amazingly accommodating! - Edit

Lagniappe is warm and inviting. The staff is friendly and extremely accommodating! There is nothing specifically vegan on the menu, but the owner is happy to make a vegan option for me every time that I come to the restaurant! I have been there several times and have never had the same thing! She is super creative and always comes up with wonderfully yummy options!

The flavors of her food are very intricate and mouth watering! She is also very caring and will make any improvements on the food if you ask (extra sauce, more rice, etc.)

I would definitely recommend Lagniappe to anyone who come down to the Jeongja/Bundang area! It definitely will not disappoint! Since it is not a fully veg restaurant I could only give 4 stars, but I would definitely give 5 if I could! YUM!

Pros: Extremely Accomodating, Excellent food, Friendly Staff

Return to Seongnam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Lagniappe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 133 times since Aug 2016.