La Villa Del Chef

Contact 00502-42113849

Calle La Union, Flores, Guatemala,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Large range of cocktail, wine, and beer as well as fruit juices and coconut-based shakes. Has vegan choices. English spoken. View of beautiful sunset over Lake Peten. The owners build playgrounds for disadvantaged kids in the local community and donate food to schools. They also get involved with local environmental projects.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Beer/Wine, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by bencamps

Kind-hearted people run the place - Edit

I noticed in the description that the owners build playgrounds for children, and I was pleased to see that they are community-minded people. That encouraged me to eat here.

I headed there for lunch today and while I was there, I saw some of the generosity in action. A young woman came by with a toddler, asking for money. The owner not only gave her the money, but invited her to have a meal there. He sat her right on the beautiful porch, rather than hiding her inside.

Yes, the food was good. I had a delicious salad. It's fairly easy to find a good salad. It's not as easy to find people who care for others in this world.

Pros: fresh food, kind people

They fed me meat - Edit

I was very excited to find a location that was vegan friendly in Flores, unfortunately this place is not. They had a few options that were marked "v" for vegetarian. I clarified that this "V" actually meant vegetarian than explained to the waiter that I am in fact Vegan. I went on to explain very clearly what vegan is. I asked if the veggie burger was made with egg and was told that it was. That option was out. I chose deluxe nachos(v) and asked "sin queso". The nachos came "sin queso" but as I ate a few chips I realized the texture in the sauce was chewy and unfamiliar. I examined a piece and realized that it was actually meat! I asked the waiter "es carné?" Hoping that he would say it was soy meat, he confirmed "si, es carné". He offered to bring me another dish but at that point I felt so ill and skeptical of the restaurant that I did not want anything else. The waiter went away and wouldn't even come back to bring my friend an I our check for the drinks. He sent another lady over. She apologized with the excuse that the cook was new and he didn't know the menu. Incompetent and unexuseable, don't eat hear unless you like meat in your vegan food and eggs in your veggie burger.

Pros: Beautiful decor, Waterfront

Cons: They will probably feed you meat, They may feed you animal biproducts, Unresponsible service

Vegan Friendly - Edit

Visited on 11th June 2012. This restaurant has many vegetarian options and most can be made vegan. I had vegi burritos and my partner had a vegi burger. Both were really good as are their juices. The service is very friendly, the environment is very chilled. A great place to watch the sunset and free worry dolls with your bill! Yay!

Pros: Vegan Options, The View, Nice staff

Return to Flores Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Villa Del Chef closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 977 times since Jun 2012.