La Vega

Calle Bolívar 370 (at entre Calle Aroma y Quijaro ), Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Small restaurant situated a few blocks from Plaza 24 de Septiembre. Reported it's operating as of Sep 2017. Offers breakfast, lunch, and vegan bakery products. Everything is vegan except for honey.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Buffet, Bolivian, Latin American

First Review by Dianebg

Great initiative but food is bland - Edit

After travelling 16 hours between Sucre and Santa Cruz I was so happy to find this place just next to my hostel. My boyfriend and I both took the set lunch menu (30 bolivianos each) which included an ok miso soup, a plate of salads (the pickled cabbage was delicious, as well as the tahini sauce), a main with plain seitan (sorry not a fan of soy meat, tastes too much like meat to me), cold and sticky brown rice, cold steamed veggies and dry veggie patties. We couldn't finish the main, everything was cold and flavourless.
The staff is very nice, and I really admire their project of opening a vegan, sugar free, oil free restaurant. But food needs to be more interesting, more spices and more herbs for example would have given a kick to our meal.

Pros: Family owned, most clients are locals , healthy

Cons: Very bland , Food is cold, atmosphere too

Contributions +25

best restaurant in bolivia (at least) - Edit

La vega serves strictly vegan (no prossesed fats, no sugar) food. The food, which you can choose from a grande buffet, is not only superhealthy, but delicious as well. Here you get tofu, seitan integral and everything what makes a vegan heart beat faster. I've never been to a restaurant in south america that good. Buy at least 20 tofu-empanadas when you leave. You're not going to regret it. And the bread... Que rico!! Yummyumm. :)

Pros: price - 25bs for soup, salad, main dish, staff - friendly and helpful, small - it's personal

Cons: you'll be stuck in santa cruz

Return to Santa Cruz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Vega closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.