First Review by veggiesara

Tasty Vegan Gijon Food! - Edit

We tracked this place down based on good reviews. It was fully booked when we turned up, so we had to reserve a table for the following evening.
All the food was veggie, but the owner explained that as food was freshly cooked, they would veganise pretty much everything.
We had tasty local beers, which were served with tapas of shitake pate.
The burger platter was great, fresh, tasty and substantial.
For dessert I had orange/ chocolate crepe, my partner had raspberry/ banana crepe (mine was tastier), followed by herbal teas.
A nice atmosphere, and a buzz of Spanish clientele either eating or drinking.
A pleasant place to eat!

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, Vegan options for pretty much everything, Welcoming host

Fantastic - Edit

I drove a long way from another city to find this restaurant as it was the only veg place within that area. I went there 2 days in a row and had their Brugers, Hot dogs and deserts and all I can say is that it was a huge pleasure to discover this place. Great food and very nice staff!!

Pros: Fair trade/ethical coffee, Lovely food, Fairtrade/ethical choclate

Nice little vegetarian restaurant - Edit

La Vaina is situated in the beautiful town of Gijon. It's quite small but if you go early (around 8pm is early in Spain) there's definitely enough room. We ate some delicious croquettes from mushroom and walnuts as an appetizer, followed by a veggieburger (seaweed + tofu) accompanied by a salad and fries. As a dessert we ordered the crêpes with chocolate-orangesauce. I really liked all of the food, specially because it is really hard to find some decent veggie food in Spain! I think the orange in the crêpessauce was a little bit overwhelming but nevertheless very good. The prices were very reasonable, I think it was 8€ for the veggieburger/salad/fries. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the food more snack-like, and the men needed to order two portions of our main course.
If you ever visit Gijon be sure to visit this nice little place with a very helpful staff (they helped out where they could in English)!

Pros: good food, friendly staff, clean

Cons: snacks

Return to Gijon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Vaina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1961 times since Jun 2010.