La Trattoria

305-296-1075

524 Duval St (at Old Town), Key West, Florida, USA, 33040

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant in Key West. Vegan choices include bruschetta, the insalata paesana with figs, red onions, apples in a balsamic vinaigrette, and pastas. Will use vegan pasta and make several of the sauces to order, omitting cheese and cream, such as the aglio e olio and the spaghetti Norma, with a fresh basil, garlic, tomato, and eggplant sauce.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by docpoet

You can find something. - Edit

While I had to explain to the waiter what vegan meant, he did at least ask me to clarify and was quick to verify with the kitchen that moly dish was vegan.
They don't go out of their way to offer vegan dishes, it just happens to be that there are some Italian dishes that are inherently vegan. Okay, I'll take that while on vacation.

Best bruschetta I've ever had - Edit

My mother and I, both vegans, split the bruschetta, the insalata mista (the chopped walnuts added a rich, savory flavor), and an outstanding pasta aglio e olio, heavy with shaved garlic, red pepper flakes, and wonderful olive oil.

Pros: in the middle of Old Town, great food, nice wine list

Cons: usual Italian meats on the menu

Return to Key West Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Trattoria closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.