First Review by J-Veg

Tasty treats available around the city - Edit

You can find their tasty vegan baked goods (using quality ingredients) in various cafes or at organic shops. I've tried their chocolate cake and cookies from our local organic shop (schwarzwurzel) and brownies when they had them at uni cafeteria. All very delicious! They were also at vegan christmas market and had super tasty small cookies with warm applesauce! I've heard that their empanada is also good but they are not available everywhere (I've heard that cafe Neubau has them). You can find the list of vendors that carry La Tortita's goods from this link (under "story") https://www.facebook.com/pg/latortita.leipzig/about/

*Unfortunately, they don't have it at university anymore...* From some time this year they have La Tortita's sweets at university cafe at Campus Augustusplatz (cafe next to Mensa am Park). This semester I've seen (Spiced) Brownies and oat cookies. Brownies are unique & super tasty (nice winter spices) and rich that I could share it with couple friends. My friend liked the cookie as well. When you're in city center and looking for vegan sweets out of Veganz, visit the uni cafe. *seems like they have it at university cafe in Beethovenstraße (6 or 15) as well!

Updated from previous review on 2015-11-02

Pros: Good ingredients, Super tasty!

Cons: Have to know where to find them

Ecological vegan baked goodness! - Edit

I saw a demo/talk with Vanessa from La Tortita at a vegan festival in Leipzig and was really impressed with what I saw and heard.

Not only are all of their hand-made products vegan, but they avoid artificial colours or flavouring, avoid excessive use of sugar, use mostly organic ingredients, offer gluten-free and kosher desserts and use green energy as well as recycled packaging.

On the day, she made pralines and they looked fantastic.

You can check the places where they regularly deliver to on the description of their Facebook page or you can contact them directly for an quote for special requests or catering.

Pros: Ecological, (Relatively) good for you!

Return to Leipzig Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Tortita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.