La Soupe au Caillou

Contact 0556780774

6 place du Maucaillou, Bordeaux, France, 33 800

Aug 2014 reported removed fish and is now serving vegetarian cuisine with labeled vegan options. Daily menu has two entrees, mains and desserts. Uses organic seasonal ingredients. Meals and snacks. Serves brunch on Sun. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Take-out, French

First Review by roadtoroad

Vegetarian but not always vegan friendly - Edit

I went there for my first vegetarian restaurant even if i'm vegan and i was disappointed by the vegan choice. there is one but it was not very tasty and appetizing.

I did not have the chance to have dessert, nothing vegan when i went. maybe it is better to ask before.
People were friendly and nice but not enough to propose another dessert. when i left i was hungry.

Pros: nice place, vegan choice

Cons: not always a vegan choice for everything, price

Lovely lunch! :) - Edit

My partner and I went to have lunch here today. The lady who served us was really lovely and friendly and could speak English well :)

They had 3 entrees, 3 mains and 3 desserts to choose from (changing daily) and you can choose just one or a special of two courses or 3 courses. We chose 2 courses - main & dessert. We both ordered the veggie burger for main - it was really delicious - not a veggie patty, but fresh and grilled veggies with herbs and a nice sauce - nice crispy bread! Really delicious! Came served with a side green salad with sunflower seeds and a mixed carrot salad - both with lovely dressings. Also a few polenta chips with tomato sauce - all lovely!

For dessert I ordered the vegan coconut & chocolate ice-cream - although not really the texture of ice-cream it was really lovely and refreshing on a hot day :) My partner (not vegan) ordered the apricot tart - he said it was really good. They also serve coffee, wine, and cold press juices (not fresh) - we ordered an apple and pineapple - both lovely!

Overall a lovely experience and I would definitely return for a meal! I don't think they are open for dinner however so just something to note :)

Pros: Food! :), Lovely staff

Cons: More vegan desserts would be awesome! :)

love it - Edit

fresh, mostly organic, vegetarian food

I loved the atmosphere, it's a nice place to chill, have a cup of tea and a piece of cake

they have some gluten free and vegan options

Pros: fresh food, friendly staff, good value

a good find - Edit

We came here for lunch. The menu was all vegeterian, with organic local ingredients. They seem to care a lot about their food. Nice people. Mains were about €10. We really enjoyed our meals and cup of tea, it was refreshing to find fresh vegetarian food in France, which is not always so easy!

Return to Bordeaux Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Soupe au Caillou closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2070 times.