CLOSED: La Salsa

Contact 091-539700

6 Mainguard St, Galway, Ireland,

Serves meat, vegan options available. La Salsa offers a vegan burrito explicitly listed on their menu. Other meals include veganized tostadas, fajitas, and specialty burritos. A small, laid-back, counter service restaurant in downtown Galway. Reported closed to HappyCow, Sep 2015.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by SG213

Decent Vegetarian Food with a Vegan Option or Two - Edit

I only ate here once on my trip, and while the food was alright I was not impressed with the overall experience and believe there are better options all over Galway. I had their vegan burrito but did not find it all that interesting; after eating burritos all over Ireland, (as it is a vegan safety food while traveling) I would say that their's is somewhat average and quite frankly had better at places that were not listed at all on this site. That being said it was fine, but in my opinion not worthy of the price or looking it up and walking around for a while trying to find it like I did.

Cons: Not Very Many Options

not really impressed - Edit

we (3 vegans) went here hoping to grab a quick tasty lunch. There is a vegan burrito listed on the menu board, but no description. I asked the counter server and he said it had rice, black beans, salsa, lettuce, and guacamole. I kind of wanted the california burrito--sounded good with loads of veg, but also wanted the guac, and the board listed that a side of guac (which im assuming meant addition of guac to a burrito not listed as containing it already) cost 2.95 euro!! so i went with the vegan burrito, subbing refried beans for the black beans. We waited THIRTY minutes for our food as there was a large school group ahead waiting for all sorts of cooked stuff, and i actually watched him make mine..it took 30 seconds, no joke. It would have been nice if he had either informed us it would be a 30 minute wait, or made our stuff in between the others/first, as we did not expect to wait this long for "fast" food.

the wait aside, the burritos left something to be desired--the "guacamole" was half an avacado, not even chopped up, dropped into the burrito. that is NOT guac! my friends also ordered vegan burritos which were supposed to come with the guacamole and one recieved a tiny shred of avocado, the other, none i believe. Burritos were ok but very very very spicy--not really any other flavor other than "hot/spicy". you really need the guacamole to cut/balance that spiciness. a bit of lemon or lime and cilantro/coriander would have been nice too. Portions were large, but it basically "filled the hole" of hunger and not much else. Ive had far far tastier burritoes at places like burrito brothers (US) where they give you some lemon/lime slices, cilantro, and decent guac.

good that there is a vegan fast food option, but their burritos could use some fixin-up.

Pros: large portions, vegan option available

Cons: not as described on menu, not very tasty, just spicy, wicked long wait

Not your average fast food place - Edit

Good prices and delicious food, this is probably your best option in Galway for something quick & tasty. Both the chips (fries) and veg. burrito I had were delicious, much better than you might expect from such a place.

I think they also have vegan options for the burritos etc.

Pros: food, location, price

Return to Galway Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: La Salsa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1939 times since Sep 2011.