First Review by loving_veggies

No longer a restaurant :( - Edit

La Saga used to be a lunch place - one of the first vegan places in town I think; but a couple of yeard ago they changed their policy, gave up the lunch placesm and started to sell meat! :(
What a sad day it was.
Yet I still go there every now and then, they have a nice range of products (like vegan chease, vegan chocolates, or excellent olives from Greece).

Pros: my favourite olives, chocolate, vegan stuff

Cons: sells meat, no bulk goods

Everytime again - Edit

I lived in Brussels for 6 years and La Saga is definitely my favourite restaurant. The food is delicious and the desserts are to die for! The ingredients are organic and the dishes are composed of various elements to garantee a balanced diet. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Pros: great value, excellent food, healthy cuisine

healthy, but bit bland - Edit

In front is a small organic food shop with fresh vegetables on sale.
Friendly and very quick service, but the food is very unoriginal. Choice between a cold or warm dish (either small, medium, large), which consists of a selection of vegetables, grains, possibly tofu etc.
Pro: it's all vegan and healthy, which is hard to find in Brussels.
Cheap.
Only open for lunch.

Pros: cheap, vegan, friendly

Cons: bland, unoriginal food

hum... not feeling this place - Edit

The restaurant, which just consists of a hot plate option or cold plate option of the day in 3 different sizes is in the back of the small health food store. We ordered one hot and one cold plate. They were both pretty blah. I highly don't suggest going here when there are plenty of La Pain's in Brussels with nicer vegan options for lunch. Definitely do not take a non vegan here as the food is like 70s vegan mash. We pretty much found nothing on our plates edible, but it could have just been a bad day, it was all very oily, too.

Cons: oily, bland, lack of selection

The greatest restaurant in the world - Edit

I promise you that after eating here you will immediately feel more healthy. The very simple meals offer a myriad of different tastes, that not only save you studying a menu, but are a wonderful lesson in bringing good taste out of real food.

i always eat here on my lunch break and i get the fastest service here than anywhere else in Brussels, even the European Commission's canteens!

Pros: Variety, atmposphere, quality

Cons: price (not really), hard to bring non veggies, desert is too tempting!

Great desserts - Edit

A very peaceful and friendly place, vegan owners. You basically choose one of two dishes for main course - each comes in 3 sizes and it's wholesome and pleasant. Desserts are really great though. Nice little shop, but they have very little room. Still, it's my favourite place in Brussels.

Pros: Friendly, Relaxed, Vegan

Cons: Small shop

Not a fan but liked the shop - Edit

I really didn't care for the food....my spouse did though...I tried the dessert...didn't like that either. I am sorry to submit a negative review but I don't really care for already prepared food.

Pros: cheap, store atrached

Cons: food was not fresh tasting

Return to Brussels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Saga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.