La Raposa del Poble Sec

+34-931257954

Tapioles 47, Barcelona, Spain, 08004

Vegan bar and feminist bookstore managed as a cooperative. Serves food from 1-4pm and 8-11pm. Hosts various workshops and artistic events. Open Mon-Tue 12:00pm-11:30pm, Thu 12:00pm-11:30pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-2:00am, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by lmz

Not recommended - Edit

Unfriendly owners.

Pros: none

Had higher hopes... - Edit

Visited this little place especially on a day trip to Barca. Menu was extremely limited, apparently as it was Bank Holiday Monday. Prior notice of such a massively restricted menu would have been helpful, maybe within the restaurant description on the website?
The lady who served us was very apologetic about the limited menu and initially very amicable.
We shared houmous and guacamole with breadsticks, lentils, and patatas (one of each menu item that was on offer).
Houmous was lovely, guac was good but not delicious, other food was ok but could have been more flavoursome. Garlic mayo type dip with the patatas was gorgeous.
There was a group of customers near the bar who appeared to know the owner/staff very well and were talking and interacting a lot with them, this was very noticeable and could have verged on a little intimidating upon entry.
We sat out the back, nobody came to check on anything/ask how it was/check drinks at all after delivering our food.

Pros: Very nice houmous, Potentially cute venue, Pretty cheap

Cons: Lack of food choice, Lack of atmosphere, Staff not very attentive

great little place - Edit

I really liked the food - the choice is not too big but everything is super tasty. There is also an outdoor sitting. If you get there, try vegan cheesecake. It's exceptional, and I know what I am talking about - because I'm super picky when it comes to cheesecakes 😁

Pros: tasty, vegan and cheap

Cons: no cons

wonderful food and space - Edit

We headed here first during our visit to Barcelona since it was closest to where we are staying. We tried many things on the menu - potatoes, gazpacho, risotto and a burger. We pretty much licked all our plates clean -- everything was delicious!

The wall art was also beautiful and inspiring. I could only guess about the books since I am monolingual but they looked wonderful too. Love their stand for social justice.

Pros: delicious food, everything

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Raposa del Poble Sec closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.