La Raiz de la Tierra

Plaza Zocalo Local 2B, Ixtapa, Mexico, 40884

A multi-functional place for those who enjoy music, reading books, sport and creativity, while eating healthy and enjoying a drink. Menu is small and provides food service/herbal snacks any time of day, promoting conscious food and beverages such as organic coffee, tea, cold-pressed juices, smoothies (milkshakes) and more. Has Wi-Fi and ethernet in the coffee area, a corner of multicultural books and acetates for sale, an area of select boutique clothing made of organic materials, a retail of mini super vegan products (of which 90% is organic), and a bar area with organic wines and micro brews. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by FayeM

mymagicjourney

Points +715

19 Jan 2020

Perfection

What can I say? The locale is lovely and charming. The decor is beautiful and made me feel like I was at an expensive veg restaurant in LA at 1/5 of the price. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The food was delicious and there were tons of options (many healthy ones as well)! I visited MULTIPLE times during my short stay in Ixtapa.

Majovegiilife

Points +20

29 Nov 2019

Great food

Really nice spot to eat no matter what time in the day, the location is perfect and the food amazing. Will certainly be back to try their breakfast menu. Also the decorations of the restaurant are super nice and well put!

Pros: The tacos style “al pastor” where amazing!!, The hummus has a nice tangy taste 🥰, Mango raw pie is really nice, refreshing!!

RabbitFoodie

Points +160

03 Jun 2019

Very good tacos :)

La Raiz is a beautifully decorated vegan restaurant that serves a mostly American themed menu (salads, nachos, burgers, bowls and tacos). They also have fresh juices, breakfast and cocktails. I have been here quite a few times and tried a lot of items as their menu has evolved. I really love their house salad (lots of colorful veggies) and their Saturday night tacos. The rest of their menu is a bit bland, good but not as flavorful as the tacos. They now serve the Beyond Burger too.

Pros: All vegan, Lovely atmosphere , Awesome tacos

Cons: A bit expensive compared to the other vegan spots, The flavors are a bit underwhelming., It can get really hot inside.

NHom

Points +41

27 Apr 2019

Perfect

This place has wonderful fresh juices and a menu to make any vegetarian or vegan happy. So very glad to have found this restaurant on my first day in Ixtapa.

JaneGracePatti

Points +30

12 Mar 2019

Everyone’s happy

The service is great and the food is better. It is clear that the chefs take pride in their offerings and while I was there they had some new tacos on the menu and I tried 3 types (all Home made imitation meat) and they were sooooo delicious. The chocolate shake is a good treat too. Highly recommend this place!!

Rosa1518363

Points +13

Vegetarian
12 Feb 2019

EXCELENTE COMIDA Y VARIEDAD

Hace unos meses fui a su restaurante y quede maravillada, todo muy limpio, muy amables y sobre todo la comida ¡¡Riquísima!! cabe resaltar que no era vegana el día que caí en este restaurante, pero principalmente me llamo la atención su atractivo y su estructura sin imaginar que estaría comiendo comida vegana, la verdad ni cuenta me di hasta que me dijeron, entonces es por ello que me puse a indagar mas acerca del veganismo. Este restaurante me hizo darme cuenta que si no comemos carnes ayudamos al planeta y sobre todo a los animalitos. Tengo 5 perros y también es por ellos que decidí hacerme vegana, por que quiero cuidarlos y respetarlos y deseo que así sea con todos los animales..
Recomiendo este restaurante y espero que muchas personas se den la oportunidad de probar sus deliciosos platillos.

Alejandrath

Points +37

07 Feb 2019

Vegan in Ixtapa

The property is distinctly pleasant and you can see that they took care of all the smallest details to give it a nice atmosphere.
The food is amazing; Vegetarian and Vegan. They take good care of the customer.
The omeletts, the hot cakes, the burritos, the hamburger's, the smoothies, the coffe, the juices you name it. I found everything very tasty. I definitely recommend visit the place if you're in Ixtapa o Zihuatanejo.
It's Pet friendly!!

Updated from previous review on 2019-02-07

Vancouver-vegan

Points +25

08 Dec 2018

Everything is Amazing

I can’t say enough nice things about Raiz de la Tierra. Two blocks away from my hotel – this place saved me and I ate my way through the menu! I will agonize over which picture to post until I realize I dove into my food before I remembered to take a picture. The Pesto Pizza is super rich, all of the Hamburguesas are awesome and the desserts are sublime – multi-layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing, multi-layer coconut cake with lemon infused whipped cream frosting and mango icecream cake. The breakfast items: mango coconut yogurt with green apple, papaya and granola was beautiful; the Burrito Crudi was so good, I took it to go for my flight home; and the “eggs” made with chick pea flour were different that the usual tofu scramble. My drink of choice was Limonada Albahaca (Basil Lemonade). You can ask them to make a decent Chai Tea Latte. I usually spent between 200 and 300 pesos per meal for a drink, main and dessert and worth every peso! Service is friendly and fast and very accommodating to incompetent Spanish speakers!

Pros: Varied Menu, Fresh, Good Value

ViktoriaNieva-Gomez

Points +90

08 Aug 2018

Great vegan, pet friendly oasis in Ixtapa

What a lovely place to eat super delicious vegan food, hang out with your dog, listen to music, read a book, buy some eco-friendly items if you like... The food is awesome! We tried some specials of the day, the BBQ burger, salad, chilaquiles, desserts (coconut lemon pie + cacao cake) and their lemonades are very delicious and refreshing! Will be back for more!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff

FayeM

Points +45

Vegetarian
22 Feb 2017

dream come true

simply the best vegan Mexican food!
everything about this place is brilliant - the decor, the service, the products.... but the food!!! takes vegan Mexican to a level i didn't know it could go! my husband loves it and he is not close to being a vegetarian. On par with anything i've seen in cities much bigger and more vegan/vegetarian friendly. We love it. to top it all off they made the cutest birthday cake for my son! He loved it!

Pros: everything

Cons: nothing

Return to Ixtapa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Raiz de la Tierra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.