La Pepiniere

• ( 40 reviews )

Borgo S. Frediano 163R, Florence, Italy, 50124

Restaurant reported fully vegan as of Jul 2021. Offers vegan pizza with choice of pizza dough: brown flour, whole wheat, spelt, durum wheat, mix with barley and wheat germ, gluten-free.
Note December 2021: Restaurants in Italy require a Green Pass for indoor dining. Please review government regulations and call ahead to confirm rules and availability before dining. Open Mon-Fri 12:00-14:30, Tue-Sun 19:30-22:30.

Categories: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, Gluten-free

First Review by majsgr

Vittoria

Points +661

19 Oct 2021

Nice but expensive

Nice venue and concept. Tasty food but a bit too pricey for what it is. Service was a bit slow too.

We enjoyed the lentil tagliatelle with white ragout and the lentil balls with cream. Interesting drinks as well.

We felt they went too far removing all gluten from the menu as they removed all good pasta options (which you kind of miss in an Italian vegan restaurant).

Pros: Interesting and creative menu, Good drinks (such as ginger spritz), Beautiful venue

Cons: Expensive, All GF

sarina_f93

Points +134

25 Sep 2021

Nice place

Not overwhelming but still nice. Pizza had a special crust, if you like it it's very delicious. Gnocchi were good but a bit boring. Unfortunately the Tiramisu was already gone. We then decided on the apple crumble, which was more crumble than apple. Service was very friendly.

Pros: Mostly vegan options, Friendly service

Cons: Not overwhelming

MaroJärvinen

Points +41

22 Sep 2021

Some dishes contain milk

We had higher expectations based on previous reviews and were a bit disppointed especially in the jackfruit patty main course.

Pros: Nice and ambient restaurant

Cons: Also non-vegan options (contain milk), Expensive in relation to quality, Not very tasty

simonbrianlee

Points +22

19 Sep 2021

Amazing

One of the best vegan restaurants we have eaten at. Thoroughly impressed by the inventiveness for the menu. The paté was phenomenal and the blue cheese pizza was very realistic. Delicious cocktails as well! Don't bother with the nuggets! Staff were very nice and the inside space is lovely.

Pros: High quality vegan versions of classic dishes

Cons: Not cheap

carlyvegan

Points +160

07 Sep 2021

Liked the place- but don’t order pizza

Nice atmosphere and service, cocktails were good and dessert. I do not recommend the pizza . The base was weird and like gluten free or something

Updated from previous review on 2021-09-07

Pros: Great tiramisu , Great cocktails , Nice atmosphere

Cons: Pizza was bad - maybe had gluten free base?

Airmacying

Points +30

22 Aug 2021

Sehr gute vegane Pizza

Auf der Suche nach einem Veganen Restaurant sind wir auf dieses Restaurant gestoßen und wurden nicht enttäuscht, vor allem den veganen Parmesan Käse muss man probieren. Empfehlenswert!

Pros: Viel Auswahl an veganen Gerichten und Getränken.

Cons: Getränke sind etwas teuer.

massimopoti

Points +55

13 Aug 2021

Pizza veg super!

Che bontà e che gentilezza! Menù tutto vegano pieno di mille cose sfiziose tra cui e scegliere, tutte deliziose. Noi abbiamo diviso in due un gran fritto di verdure con polpette di jackfruit e poi siamo passati alla pizza vegana. Così buono che a fine cena abbiamo prenotato per tornarci un’altra sera prima della fine della vacanza. Vegani fiorentini e non, questo posto è per voi 💕

Pros: Molte opzioni vegane, Pizza, Personale super gentile

JakobSchäuffelen

Points +134

31 Jul 2021

Delicious!

Perfect vegan pizza , good wine.

Pros: All vegan.

Cons: Expensive as everything in Firenze but worth it.

loewenjenny

Points +44

31 Jul 2021

Tolle Pizza, tolle Getränke

Wir sind mit unseren Kindern zwei Mal hier gewesen während unseres Aufenthalts in Florenz. Alkoholfreie Cocktails für die Kinder, diverse Sorten Spritz für die Eltern und tolle Pizzen haben uns begeistert. Auf jeden Fall einen Besuch wert. Man muss ein bisschen Zeit mitbringen, denn man lässt sich hier nicht aus der Ruhe bringen;-)

Pros: Tolle vegane Pizzen

Cons: laute Straße

damientournay

Points +43

Vegetarian
07 Jul 2021

Un excellent restaurant à Florence

Nous avons mangé un repas succulent (dans notre cas des pizzas, pâte à base de farine de riz noir). Il y a de délicieux mocktails ! Le service est impeccable, l'accueil y est chaleureux. Le tout bordé en sourdine par de sympathiques chansons françaises. Les prix sont raisonnables. Un restaurant à recommander si vous passez par Florence.

Pros: Les plats, L'accueil, les prix

Cons: le bruit de la rue qui borde le restaurant.

Sharasaur

Points +93

07 May 2021

Delicious a great service

Great service. We arrived to Florence late in the evening and this was 5 minutes from our BnB. We had 4 courses within the hour and finished in time for curfew as well as cocktails. The tiramisu was the best bit and I really enjoyed their ginger spritz. Both the flavours and textures are delicious. The ravioli had a tasty walnut cheese inside. I would return here and gladly recommend la pepiniere to other vegans.

Pros: Lots of vegan options. , Fast service, Quiet, open street to eat with Covid restrictions

Nibs

Points +572

25 Apr 2021

Vegan pizza, choose your own dough

La Pepiniere has some really nice vegan pizza options. What I like most is you can usually choose different pizza base/dough options, and there's plenty of vegan cheese options or they're happy to cook a vegetable only pizza as well. The staff here were so incredibly nice and kind to my daughter when we went it would be hard for me to give them anything other than a rave review....but rest assured the pizza is very good.

Descongelate1

Points +48

29 Oct 2020

Lovely place

We had a lovely dinner for two. Everything was perfect: the atmosphere, the food and the friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Pros: Variety, Friendliness , Location

Cons: Slightly expensive

lilScorpio

Points +4939

25 Jul 2020

a lovely spot!

We really enjoyed our dinner at this unique place.
You can sit outside, and even though the tables are pretty close to the very busy and noisy street and the waiters have to pass this street (with traffic lights!) to bring the drinks / food to you, it is a very cozy and unique spot.
In Covid-times everything is a little different and in italy you actually don’t get a physical menu, but a code you scan to open the menu on your phone.
It didn’t really work out with the WiFi-connection, but the lovely service-ladies where so kind to offer us their private phones 😄
We both chose a pizza (they are all gluten free, everything on the menu is vegan, but you can get the pizzas with regular cheese, which my omni-husband did 🤷🏻‍♀️), I got mine with dark and glutenfree crust.
It was a very good choice, the pizza was really special with vegan mozzarella, parmiggiano, smoked „ham“, and spinach!
This pizza was not only very yummy, but suuuper-filling with this rich toppings haha.
We payed around 50€ for two pizzas, a little tapas kinda frittata, two large beers and a bottle of water.
Fair price for organic and very special ingredients!

Pros: staff super-friendly!, nice ambience , special dishes / much variety

Cons: pizzas only gluten free, we’d prefer gluten

sofiasizzi

Points +22

14 Jul 2020

Best Vegan restaurant in Italy

La Pepiniere is one of my favorite Vegan restaurants in the Whole World ! If you’re Vegan it is a Must, but it’s just a delicious culinary experience for everyone. Some of my favorite dishes are : Frittelle di Lenticchie, Sate’ Balinesi and Pizza Campagnola Vegana. Enjoy !

Pros: Mostly Vegan with few Vegetarian Pizza Options , Deliciously generous portions . , Located in the city center. GF and Organic

Logge

Points +1391

31 Jan 2020

Awesome

Great food and very friendly owners. Liked it a lot and ate way too much 😋 Everything on their regular menu is vegan.

couchista

Points +52

23 Dec 2019

Best food ever

I had some of the best food of my entire life here (sorry mama! Truth has to be told). The only bad thing about this place is that it is impossible to choose because every single item on the menu looks desirable. So I ended up ordering their 5 items vegan taster meal. It was orgasmic! The absolute highlight of our Tuscany trip. Almost all options on the menu are vegan!

Pros: Friendly multilingual staff, Genius orgasmic food, Convenient location close to old town

Cons: They have some non-vegan pizzas, no idea why.

RickBriscoe

Points +12

Non Veg
28 Nov 2019

Amazing!!!

Truly a wonderful wonderful dinner. If you want a tasty meal without meat products this is the place. The owner is so nice and helpful and she speaks English very well.

mn96

Points +42

27 Oct 2019

Very good

Everything is vegan, I believe, except for one of the pizzas. The gnocchi was so good! And the staff was VERY nice. Loved it here! Make sure to book a table in advance, though.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Super nice staff

JessWilliams96

Points +60

08 Oct 2019

Great vibe & delicious food

All vegetarian with heaps of vegan options. We Had the chimichangas and the satay chicken and they were both delicious.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Large servings , Great atmosphere

o0Carolyn0o

Points +851

04 Oct 2019

Only Gluten-free dishes

So, I'm not sure how to review this, because what I ordered was very delicious, but I might not have gone if I knew it was only gluten-free, as I really wanted the pizza that all of the other reviews were raving about.

We made a reservation through their online reservation system, and everything worked out perfect. Staff also spoke English.

It seems like they're in the middle of transitioning the restaurant to get gluten-free certification. One of their pizza ovens was not working, so they could only make one pizza at a time on top of that, which also took quite a bit of time and we were recommended to both not order pizzas, which maybe we should have been told before taking our time to make our choices, because I had to quickly decide on something else.

But the food itself was really good. I ordered the giant ravioli...amazing, and my husband had a pizza which he also enjoyed(I couldn't try it because it had burrata on it). For dessert I had the coffee mousse which was absolutely incredible.

4 stars, but I think it's easily 5 for anyone needing to eat GF and who wouldn't have been bothered by there being no wheat-based pizza...the pasta used in the ravioli was just as good as any wheat version.

Pros: excellent for Glutenfree, wonderful dessert, giant ravioli!

Cons: Only gluten-free pizza

blueraven007

Points +16

22 Sep 2019

Don't go, nice vibe but bland food

Too salty and tasteless.

These were tasteless: The quinoa balls; the friend eggplant; and the buckwheat tabbouleh to some degree,

This was too salty: the tabbouleh and the quinoa balls

This was sickeningly sweet and we didn't eat it at all except for one bite: the vegan pizza version of their pizza with caramelized onions. Also, I think the restaurant uses processed vegan cheese for their pizza instead of making one on their one like with nuts, but I'm not sure. It tasted like processed veg cheese, which imo tastes worse than nut cheeses and is worse for your health.

This was way too heavy: the potato gnocchi. It tasted like so much processed fake cheese and it was too sticky and fat-laden.

The complimentary bread was pretty good. The tea selection (bags of tea) was kind of nice.

Updated from previous review on 2019-09-22

Pros: Bread, Nice vibe, Helpful staff

Cons: Too salty, Tasteless, Overpriced

LauraVerbich

Points +82

12 Sep 2019

Delicious & vegan!

On my vacation in Rome, this place was amazing to find. Everything is gluten free & almost everything is vegan, minus the pizza menu (there’s cows milk cheese). Highly recommend !

Pros: Lots of vegan options (& ALL gluten free), Friendly service, Beautiful decor

Cons: A little long to get our food

AniStavrou

Points +3439

07 Sep 2019

Favoloso!

Love this place! Delicious, great quality and unique. I even brought my non-veg parents here and everyone loved everything they ordered. I enjoyed the black bean spaghetti, but I also really liked the ravioli and vegan scallops. Also the Chianti 😁 I recommend making a reservation to ensure you’ll have a table!

Pros: Delicious food, Nice atmosphere , Friendly & attentive staff

mvt

Points +1524

31 Aug 2019

Great vegan italian food

I'd been on the hunt for an italian restaurant with good vegan options and this one was an amazing choice. The staff was lovely, the cozy atmosphere was really nice and, most importantly, the food was delicious.
Although this is a vegetarian restaurant, I think the majority of the food is vegan and everything is clearly marked.
Their homemade bread is amazing and so was the caponata, the gran ravioli and the pizza, which had the best gluten free dough I've ever tried.

Tip: as of writing this, if you book a table online for 7:30pm, you get a 20% discount on foods and drinks, except on menus.

LouisaSaba

Points +26

28 Aug 2019

Wow wow wow

The people are so lovely, great atmosphere and the food is to die for. It’s so a must go.

Pros: So many vegan and gluten free options

T&B

Points +30

20 Aug 2019

Don't miss it!

Hands down the BEST vegan food we have had in a long time! The staff were incredible, the vibe was great... and the FOOD!!!! 😍😍😍😍 And don't get me started on the ravioli! I think we are heading back tomorrow for a second round.

Pros: Almost entirely vegan menu - a few pizzas are veg

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Pepiniere closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.