CLOSED: La Nueva Chul

Nuevo León 133, Col. Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico, 06100

Veggie taco eatery in La Condesa which serves many different types of tacos and full plates plus a few desserts. No fake meat alternatives, instead the tacos are filled with plant-based concoctions such as flor de jamaica (bacon-like), chickpeas, etc. REPORTED CLOSED, OCT 2016. Open later in the summer.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by BrendaLiz

I just had to submit this place! - Edit

This was the first vegetarian restaurant that blew my mind in Mexico! It was so good that when I noticed it wasn't listed on HappyCow, I took the time to add it! Their tacos are delicious and about 80% of the menu is fully vegan, the rest vegetarian. I had maybe 10 tacos they were that good. I love that they don't rely at all on fake meats but instead fill the tacos with absolutely delicious plant-based mixtures that are so different from anything else I've tried, so many times I've had to ask what was in there! And the staff was super friendly and accomodating too, explaining every vegan option. They also serve a vegan dessert but once when they had ran out, they invented something on the spot for us which tasted even better! I love this place.

It might be worth mentioning however, that it is kind of your typical mexican taco place which serves raw ingredients that many foreigners´stomachs might not be used to if not properly disinfected.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Cozy with outdoor seating

Cons: Not so varied (mostly tacos), Quite small, Not exactly "sophisticated" dining

Return to Mexico City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: La Nueva Chul closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.