La Mandragora

Contact 685771991

Calle Mare Vella,15, Valencia, Spain, 46003

All food is vegan, with a two dish menu which includes spring water, bread and dessert for lunch, and dishes for sharing at dinner. You decide how much to pay, as there is no set price. Has table-top games, Wi-Fi. Requires registration which is free.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Asian, Spanish

First Review by lizipfe

Love - Edit

This place is great. You pay what you can (I usually pay between 5 and 10€ depending on if I get wine or not) and they serve you 3-4 courses and dessert. Very neat vibe (la revolucion!) and warm environment. The food options have a great range although they overdo the little crusty bread slices a bit. Loved the green bean "hummus", chocolate brownie, roasted zucchini in pesto dishes especially.

alternatief gezellig en lekker - Edit

Gezellig kleine zaak. Nogal alternatief qua inrichting: zelf water en bestek pakken en een spandoek aan de muur. Maar eten is lekker, een driegangenmenu tussen de middag met bietensoep, risotto en cake. En je betaalt zelf wat het je waard is.

expect the unexpected - Edit

We found this hidden vegan gem through happy cow, and the description made us pretty curios. It's not a typical restaurant where you find a menu with given prices, no ;) - it's the home kitchen of the vegan institution of Valencia where vegan food is celebrated.
We joined in on a saturday around 2pm. After a short introduction of the cook what La Mandragora is all about he told us the menu: Hummus with fresh white bread; algae and sprouts green salad; vegetable paella; Apple pie; the food was beyond delicious - prepared and served with love.
There are no fixed prices, everybody pays what he thinks the food is worth.
I love the idea, great place!!!

Pros: quality of food, ambience , concept

Cons: fixed menu

Excellent - Edit

I went there with my boyfriend and it was a big surprise. We were stunned by how good the food is. The cook is a real genius. Every single dish was perfectly composed. The only bad thing: we are too much. I didn't expect so good food at a place with a quite political atmosphere and where you set the price yourself. You just have to love it.

Pros: best food I had in Valencia, you set the price, political atmosphere

Cons: we ate too much

un sitio de lo más pintoresco (en el buen sentido) - Edit

Me ha gustado muchísimo el rollo del local. No hay un precio establecido, pagas lo que consideras que vale la comida y os aseguro que no está nada mal!!!

Return to Valencia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Mandragora closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3655 times since Aug 2013.