La Lupita

708-788-8226

6539 W Cermak, Berwyn, Illinois, USA, 60402

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican cuisine. Some vegetarian choices. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by MarlaRose

nice local spot - Edit

Being a vegetarian and not vegan, I had no trouble with the selection. The salsas came as a trio, each flavorful and delicious. Portions are ample, not too spicy nor bland. Service is relaxed but not unduly slow or neglectful. Each mexican place in chicago is somewhat different, but this one is definitely worth a visit.

Pros: salsa, portions

Cons: on a busy street, parking varies

Okay in a pinch... - Edit

There aren't a lot of vegan options in Berwyn so I was happy when a new place showed up on my HappyCow app not too far from where we live. La Lupita is Mexican food and they do seem to be making an attempt to branch out to include more vegan options than the standard place - they have burritos and a fajitas plate - but the burritos are pretty bland and the fajitas, while better than the burritos, were very, very greasy. Further, the fajitas came with cheese on top even when the menu did not mention it and the server was pretty unapologetic about it, expecting us to pay for making it again. (Which we did do just because I wasn't in the mood to argue.) The food was very slow coming to us and after waiting for 20 minutes for our check, our server still bussed a table and sat a party before getting it to us. (They were not crowded.) If you're traveling and hungry, they will do but thankfully there are many more restaurants that are far better in nearby Oak Park. I'd skip it. The last thing my husband said as we were finally leaving is that he won't be coming back. Great salsa and corn tortillas, though! If they sold those, I would buy them.

Pros: Great salsa!, Great tortillas!, Making an effort to include more veg opt

Cons: Terrible service/slow, Menu doesn't reflect food served, Food is just average: bland and greasy

Return to Berwyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Lupita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.