CLOSED: La Locanda di Are

Contact 06-4742772

Via Urbana, 104 (at Near Cavour Metro Stop), Rome, Italy, 00184

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian with few or no vegan options, and also serving fish. Regional cookery from Apulia/Puglia. From Mon-Thur all reservations with arrival time before 8:00pm there's a 50% discount on food (excluding drinks). NOTE: Call to confirm open times as hours may fluctuate. Previously named Pugliamonti. DEC 2012 REPORTED CHANGE OWNERSHIP AND NAME TO Broccoletti; NO LONGER VEG. REMOVED. Open .

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by paypar

Delicious and Accomodating - Edit

This restaurant has just changed hands. In face, when I ate there a couple weeks ago, it had only been open under the new owner for 2 days! We got there before it opened, but they were very gracious and allowed us to sit down inside. I have Crohn's Disease and cannot have any milk products. Their menu is primarily fish dishes, but they created an entire menu for us that included marinted veggies and a main dish of pesto orrechiette. The meal was very delicious and the staff was very gracious and accomodating. The restaurant was clean and recently renovated. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. Note: I printed off the veggie phrases in Italian that I found on this website and they were very helpful. The owner of this restaurant doesn't speak hardly any English, but a friend of his translated for us.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food, easy to find

Cons: Not much English spoken, Few vegan options

Authentic Italian on a cute side street - Edit

I went here based on it being on a list on HappyCow.com. It happened to be right behind my hotel, which was near the Cavour metro stop. If you go, take the metro to Cavour, get out and go down the steps - that's Via Urbana. There's many cute little places there to explore as well.

My dish, the orrichette with turnip greens I found a little salty. My husband had something in a cream sauce, so when we shared each others' dishes it balanced out a bit.

I paid total 22 euros for the two dishes. We went for dinner on a Saturday, a bit earlier and had no wait.

Pros: authentic, other shops nearby, near metro stop

Cons: slightly expensive, no pizza

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: La Locanda di Are closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 156 times since Sep 2009.