La Lluna

San Ramon, 23, Barrio del Carmen, Valencia, Spain, 46003

A small, stylish place providing local vegetarian cuisine since 1980. Menus del dia and a la carte with vegan labeled. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-4:00pm, Mon-Sat 8:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Mediterranean, Spanish

First Review by louis

local vegetarian restaurant - Edit

The staff was very friendly. I tested the valenciana salad which was not spectacular. My partner took the lasagna and love it.

Pros: friendly staff, cosy atmosphere

September 2016 - Edit

Quiet part of town but easy to find. My wife's meal was very good and tastie and sufficient as we often share meals so we get a selection. I ordered an apple omelette expecting it to come with some garnish, salad etc, but it was as it said on the tin, so I can't complain. Staff were very friendly and helpful. If you want more than exactly what it says on the menu then ask, but very good quality food.

Horrible experience - Edit

The restaurant smelled of smoke when we got in, they refused to give us a table outside claiming that there was no room but there were lots of it, the service was horrible. They took forever to come to our table and were very unfriendly. Food came a few "seconds" after we ordered it and it was obviously reheated in the microwave, however it tasted okay. We ordered a carrot cake for dessert and that was horrible.

Pros: nothing

Cons: food reheated in the microwave, expensive, bad service

Worst Food Ever!! - Edit

Very disappointed with the food. Cold rice dishes that were reheated in the microwave after the waiter served it cold. Basically all the dishes are reheated - rice reheated is not on! Price is ridiculous for what is being dished up especially when around the corner gourmet vegan dishes are being served for the same price.

Good - Edit

It's a nice and cosy vegetarian restaurant in El Carmen, Valencia. There is Wifi, outdoor seating and they have several vegan dishes, although some are quite simple. Please tell them if you're vegan, because the symbol in the menu only means it can be made vegan and don't take the soup! It's only broth.

Pros: nice interior, wifi, good stuffed paprika

Cons: you have to tell if you're vegan , some dishes are quite simple

Cool place - Edit

I've been there last week with friends.
Delicious food, I took the menu of the day.
The price is ok, personnel nice and polite.
I'd come back anytime!

Fantastic - Edit

I came across this place by accident when I got lost following the graffiti trail.
Very homely and welcoming- like going for tea in grandma's kitchen.
The staff were very helpful, explaining available vegan options.
I had stuffed peppers followed by the carrot tart. Delicious! Really tasty 'home-cooked' style food and great portions/value for money.
I highly recommend it

Check The Last Review - Edit

Completely in agreement (local cuisine, good quality food) except when I went there, the price for a menu (sandwich, drink and tea or coffee) was only 4.50 euros, which would make it an inexpensive place in my opinion.
Very inviting and cozy environment and the staff was so nice they gave us back 50 cents since we were on a rush and didn't have time for the coffee/tea.

Pros: food quality/price , friendly place and staff, good location

Good ol Home Cookin'! - Edit

Old style Vegetarian. Quite different. Tasty. You won't find any Tofu Tempeh here. It's not as greasy as most veg places in Spain. I would go again!

Pros: Wholsum food that fills you up., Not "deep fried" centered as most places

Cons: Advanced Spanish required to read menu.

real mediterranean cooking - Edit

Probably the only vegetarian open in the middle of August in the center, was easy to find thanks to Happy Cow, otherwise it could have been impossible for a traveller to rush into it. The place is simple and rustic, the owners show devotion for their work and one can feel it while going through the meal. They serve a choice of vegan creams on a painting board which is quite an original idea! The risotto on the daily menu was awsome, so the baked camembert with fruits of the forrest. Congratulations!

Pros: home cooking atmosphere, table outside

Decent - Edit

Went 1 Sept 2014. Decent veggie grub. Lovely Greek salad as a starter, valancian salad a little less special but may be that's how it is supposed to be.

Enormous stuffed pepper tasty but a little cool in the middle. Vegetable bake was like a terrine, needed something with it - but tasty. Nice fig tart to finish but cream added without asking - would have been better to check if we liked cream (we do)

Pros: Pleasant service

Cons: Food not hot enough

Not that great but very cheap - Edit

It's a friendly and classical vegetarian restaurant with a warm atmosphere. They have a lunch menu for 8€ consisting of a soup, first course, second course, bread and dessert. The beverages have a very low price (1.10€ for water, 1.60€ for homemade green tea with mint). They are very helpful and can swap nonvegan dishes in the daily menu with vegan ones (also dessert). The cooking is basic (rice with vegetables, steamed vegetables, etc). In the menu they have a few vegan desserts too. It's not that great for vegans but you can eat at a fair price.

Pros: Price, Lunch menu

Cons: Few vegan option, Very basic dishes

Yum! - Edit

I ordered the daily lunch menu, vegan version, and it was absolutely delicious! It was way too much food for me but I have a small appetite; the meal consisted of soup, bread, wild mushroom pasta, roasted eggplant and artichoke, plus dessert.
The staff we super nice but bickering amongst themselves a bit, which I found kind of endearing but others may find off-putting, especially if your Spanish isn't advanced enough to understand their conversation.
Good value for the price, delicious food.

very nice - Edit

very cosy atmosphere, funny waitor, good food, dfinitely worth a visit!
not many vegan options but many for gluten-free. located in the beautiful Carme quarter

Pros: original food and desserts, atmosphere, service

Cons: not many vegan options

Lovely. - Edit

The food here was terrific. I ordered the daily menu, a 5-course meal for just 13 euro. The dishes had great variety and each one was very tasty (although only one was to-die-for tasty, the soup). Wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere pretty nice too. Definitely recommended.

Yummy Food - Edit

A great little restaurant located off the beaten path in old town Valencia that has been open since the 80s. Restaurant was very cozy. Our favorite dish was the camembert cheese with blueberry sauce.

Great Food, Healthy Choices - Edit

Loved the veggie versions of Spanish classics such as croquetas, stuffed eggplant, the mushroom rice was superb ! Price was great value, service was friendly. Location is a little hard to find and down a quiet street but worth the effort to find. We were one of the only ones at 9pm, but the place got packed from 10pm on. Go early (9pm) or make a reservation.

La Lluna - Edit

Atmosphere: cosy
Location: found it in the end
Food: tasty, my Valencian salad was nothing exciting, but my friends' starters were good. Lovely bread basket.
Service: average.

Return to Valencia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Lluna closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.