La Isleta de La Vina

Contact n/a

Calle del Pericon de Cadiz 6–10, Cadiz, Spain, 11002

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cozy bar in the old part of the city very near the sea. Has a small vegan part on the tapas menu which includes spicy potatoes, hummus, falafel, vegetable pie, and stuffed vegetables with cous cous. Also has vegan coconut cake. All food is made-in-house. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-12:30am, Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish, Tapas, Non-veg

First Review by ruthi

Good option in Cadiz - Edit

In the sea of dead fish that is Cadiz, every place that offers vegan options should be kept in high consideration :-) This is the case with La Isleta de la Vina. They have 4 or 5 vegan options on the menu and this is far more than any other place in Cadiz. The quality is not always great. This is my second year in a row that I visit this place and the falafel is still too dry (really difficult to swallow). I talked with the cook to see if this could be improved! The hummus and the vegetable quiche were good. The place is cosy, alternative and with great atmosphere and music. A good option for a night out in Cadiz.

Pros: Vegan options, Great atmosphere, Near the beach

Cons: Falafel too dry, Limited options

Go there, go there! - Edit

I just happened to stumble across this place as our hotel was just one block away. Was so happy finding it and went back a couple of times. After a few days in Spain as a vegan I was so tired of white bread and tomato sauce and so thankful for some hommus and to have a place who knew what vegan is. I didn't try the falafel but the other stuff was really good.
The place was cosy, good music, Very helpful and friendly staff. They did not have soymilk at the time but the one working in the bar said they sometimes have almond milk and such so worth asking. And she gave me directions to where I could find coffee with soy milk.
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Return to Cadiz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Isleta de La Vina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1413 times since Jan 2015.