La Indita

Contact 520-792-0523

622 N 4th Ave, Tucson, Arizona, USA, 85705

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offering a mixture of traditional Mexican dishes, popular Indian fry breads, and original fare from family recipes since 1983. Does not use lard. All sauces, tortillas, and food made-in-house. Veg choices clearly marked with a star; almost all vegetarian options can be made vegan when you ask to omit cheese.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Native American, Non-veg

First Review by TucsonVeganGal

Friendly place, good food - Edit

I stopped by here for lunch on my last day in Tucson. The menu is large and has plenty of vegan options. All vegetarian dishes are clearly labeled, and many are vegan or can be made vegan with the omission of cheese.

I was torn between getting calabacitas (squash) and nopales (cactus). The waitress was happy to let me get half of each, and I really enjoyed them both.

I really liked the vibe as well. The staff were really nice, and it seemed that they knew a lot of the customers. Overall, a great place.

Pros: Friendly, Affordable, Good food

tasty and lots of options - Edit

Pretty much what the other reviews have said about this place. Lots of clearly marked vegetarian options that can easily be made Vegan by omitting the cheese. Being close to the University, I'm sure they get a lot of vegetarians and vegans so they were understanding. The foods real tasty and so many veg options I had a hard time making up my mind. I do recommend trying a glass of their lime aid with your meal

Pros: lots of options , clearly marked veg dishes , free chips and house made salsa

Authentic & Delicious Mexican food! - Edit

My boyfriend and I were in Tucson for a week and one of the vegan restaurants in town recommended La Indita as another great choice for us. We each ordered one of their veggie options without cheese (they have several veggie platters). The waitress was awesome and told us that they only use olive oil and vegetable oil in their cooking. They never use lard in their beans. They don't use chicken broth for their rice, so any of their vegetarian options can be made vegan by holding the cheese or sour cream. We were so excited to get delicious and authentic Mexican food that was truly vegan!! Highly recommend this place.

Delicious!!! Many vegan options! - Edit

I ate the most amazing lunch at La Indita when I was in Tucson for the afternoon with my husband. When the waitress/owner came over to welcome us, we mentioned that we are vegan. She pointed out several options on the menu that are vegan and also told us that any of the vegetarian options could easily be made vegan upon request. I ordered one of the house specialties, Calabacitas, without the cheese. This delicious dish is squash cooked to perfection with chiles, tomatoes, onions and corn. My husband had the daily veggie special and he loved it. The service is great, the restaurant is really cute, the owners are so friendly, and the food is authentic and absolutely delicious. Wow, I wish I lived closer to this restaurant!

Pros: Delicious, Great prices, Friendly and clean

Vegans always welcome here! - Edit

Any of their vegetarian items can be made vegan. Just ask them to hold the queso. This is by far one of our most favorite restaurants.

Beware of the salsa given with the chips. Each batch is made completely different from the batch before. Sometimes very hot, sometimes more mid.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Food quantity and quality, Good value

Cons: Lack of Margaritas, Can be noisy

Return to Tucson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Indita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1461 times since Aug 2012.