First Review by Vamanda

Amazing bulk shop - Edit

This must be the best vegan shop to buy bulk in Brussels. They have an unbeatable range of cereals, trains, oils and spices.

They also serve brunch on Saturdays and Sunday but it was a bit disappointing. While the food was put a lot of effort in and was definitely high quality and very healthy, the flavours were in my opinion uninteresting and very expensive for what you get.

Still a wonderful initiative worth following and supporting!

Fantastic vegan food - Edit

Just 2 weeks after they started brunch I went to La Grainerie. Even though I had not made a reservation they were very friendly and fit me in. I decided on 3 courses, the seed bread with hemp cheese, a carrot cake and a chia pudding tiramisu style. The price was super fair, the service was very friendly, the presentation of the dishes beautiful and the taste even better and everything homemade! The tiramisu chia was the closest in taste I have ever had since going vegan, which was very surprising. This is creative cuisine made with love and lots of talent. Thank you!

PS: The shop selling unpackaged vegan food basics like legumes, cereals and even Tamari is also beautiful and highly recommended.

Pros: Absolutely yummy food, Fair prices, Super friendly service

Delicious brunch - Edit

OMG this place. I went there last weekend for brunch with my partner and we really loved it.

We had the menu of 2 choices + coffee + fresh juice, for 15 euros per person. I think it's a fair price for the quality of the food, and it's all vegan!

The food was so so tasty - we had a delicious toast with cashew nut cheese, risotto with shitake and sundried tomatoes, scrambled tofu with seaweed, and a lovely carrot cake to finish. Everything was amazing, particularly the toast and "cheese" and the risotto. Can't wait to go back there!

Pros: Really delicious food, Healthy, All vegan

Cons: Absolutely nothing

Friendly, fresh and well priced - Edit

Brussels can be a bit expensive for vegan fare - so I was delighted to find this little cafe on my final day in the city.

The food is cooked fresh from a menu that changes daily.

I had some millet falafel and courgette spaghetti - both with great flavor and not greasy like a lot of restaurant food in Brussels.

Prices are very reasonable. The staff are super nice too.

Pros: Fresh food, Friendly staff, Good prices

Cons: Small

The place to go for bulk shopping - Edit

This little shop offers a very wide range of bulk-buy products, all vegan and organic.
You can use your own reusable containers (or buy some in the shop); the shop also provides paper bags for dry things (obviously won't work well for olive oil or maple syrup for example).
Also offers some homemade things like cashew cheese or desserts.
Proposes lunch boxes on thursday (since may 2016).

Pros: Everything you need in bulk, No need to ask, everything is vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: No price list available on web yet

Perfect Sunday Stop - Edit

I found this quaint cafe and wholesale grain seller to be a great place to stock up on dried legumes, seeds, nuts and fruit. In addition I tried some of their homemade cashew cheese. All of it was deliciously fresh and surprisingly inexpensive. I will try to shop there as much as possible to ensure that it stays open!

Pros: Inexpensive, Well-organized, Friendly service

Cons: Small, Cafe not yet open, Need to bring your own bag

Return to Brussels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Grainerie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.