CLOSED: La Golondrina

Contact 971902595

Calle San Magin 60, Mallorca, Spain, 07014

Vegan bar and concert venue, since 2014. Reported closed, Feb 2017. Open Mon-Sat 4:00pm-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Mediterranean, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by Misanthropia

Ohne Angabe von Gründen geschlossen - Edit

Nur ein kleines Schild, sehr schlecht angebracht, lässt erkennen, das wir an der richtigen Adresse waren. Leider ohne Angabe von Gründen geschlossen.

Cons: geschlossen

no food - Edit

Unfortunately the week we were on Mallorca the restaurant had a shift of the chef and couldn't offer us any food at all. That was sad. During the main season a restaurant should be able to offer any food.

Cons: no food could be offered

Nice restaurant in not so touristic area - Edit

Good food, the pasta was a bit unsavory but the Quinoa/Seitan salad was great as well as the patatas bravas

Pros: Nice area, upstairs another nice room, terrace, Friendly staff

Gorgeous 3 course Vegan Dinner - Edit

We enjoyed a gorgeous dinner in La Golondrina last Friday night.The layout of the place is more like a bar, we sat at high stools.The menu has a great selection so couldn't decide what to get, I opted for seitan skewers/kebab really tasty,for starters and the falafels for mains.They serve great desserts too.Overall I was really impressed by my meal in La Golondrina and went back a few nights later only to find it closed.We were so happy to find a restaurant like this serving imaginative vegan food so near our hotel, I would definitely recommend it !

Pros: Food tasty lots of flavour, Efficient friendly staff, amazing dessert

Cons: prefer seating at tables not bar stools

few steps from the port - Edit

after a bike ride i found this nice place under the sun
the waitor was very kind
had a freh juice wich tasted delicious
ordered the wok noodles with vegetables
just tasted nice!
I really recommend this place

la burger buena, el personal genial pero..... - Edit

todos muy majos, un te riquisito tipo infusion hecha por ellos al momento...
la burger supeeer rica... el pan un poco seco, poca salsa dentro... y las patatas estaban super hechas por afuera y por dentro estaban crudas ... por favor.. Una buenas patatas fritas .. k si no .. el plato se fastidia ...
pero super agradable todo el local y la gente

Just ok - Edit

I booked a table on a Saturday evening, hoping to listen to some live music but I guess we weren't lucky... At least it was not very busy and we had a nice evening. Falafel was really tasty and "boquerones" were also nice. But we ordered chili sin carne and we got a tiny portion (they charge 10€ for it).
The dessert, a piece of chocolate and orange cake, was not very good.

Nice staff

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice area

Cons: Overpriced food, Small portions

Can't wait to go back there - Edit

Lovely place; the chef is really creative and talented. the atmosphere is very welcomming as well.

Pros: super tasty food, helpful staff, nice location and neighbourghood

Cons: not the biggest of portions

Leading the Way - Edit

La Golondrina is a great vegan restaurant with a very stylish design with a simple but great menu. The bar/restaurant is always busy and it is refreshing to walk into a vegan place that is not painted green. The stylish design and the great service make this a great place to go as a regular or as tourist visiting for the day. If you stay the evening on weekends go upstairs and listen to some live music. I recommend the mushroom burger - simply amazing.

Pros: Location, Great Food, Stylish Place

Okay food, not so great service - Edit

I was here last summer with my boyfriend and it wasn't a place we enjoyed very much. We both had a wok for main course. I cost £12 and left us both unsatisfied, as it was neither especially tasty or filling. As we were both still hungry we decided to order some potato wedges and grilled seitan. Those dishes were both very tasty, so perhaps we just got unlucky with the wok.

The biggest concern we had was the staff. The waiter was kind, although he seemed to be more interested in chit-chatting with some of the patrons than actually waiting on tables. Getting the staff's attention wasn't very easy either so there was quite a bit of waiting involved.

The place in itself was quite cozy though and the live performance was welcomed. Although overall it wasn't a great experience, I would consider going back and try a different main dish - even though the service definitely left something to be desired.

Pros: Tasty side dishes

Cons: Bad service, small portions

who needs meat? - Edit

What a great find. I had been meaning to come here for ages. Why did I wait so long? Wonderful vegan food served in a quirky little place with very friendly service. A must place if you visit Palma.

Pros: great food, friendly service, different languages spoken

Cons: only one choice of sweet on the day we w

Vivifying experience. - Edit

A great and relaxing restaurant with a good spanish atmosphere that lets you dissociate from a day of stress, at least trilingual staff, and a great effort on the side of the service team despite the life cuban concert in an absolutely overcrowded restaurant that lead to extended waiting periods for our dinner, it was absolutely worth it and made our night, especially because of the amazing carrot cake they offer for dinner. I strongly recommend a visit, although a reservation is advisable due to the frequent live events.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly and helpfull service, exhilerating atmosphere

Cons: extended waiting periods on service

Return to Mallorca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: La Golondrina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.