La Flor De La Vida

Contact 664-200-2868

Blvd. Independencia 1721-C, Zona Rio, Tijuana, Mexico, 22320

Small vegetarian bakery cafe and store. Offers one daily fixed plate. Serves breakfast til 11am, lunch 12:30-5pm. Bakery with whole grain and diabetic options plus natural juices. Sells grains, seeds, organic vegetables, natural supplements, vegetarian meats, vegan cheese and prepared food like ceviche and burritos. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Mexican, Bakery

First Review by KristinaKalindi

Too far from Canada! - Edit

I wish that this restaurant was right in my neighbourhood! I am in Tijuana with a friend who is here for medical tourism, and found that this place was just a ten minute walk over the bridge. It was a little bit confusing for me because you pay downstairs in the bakery/grocery store and then you go upstairs to eat. Plus, because I am Canadian I never learned even rudimentary Spanish. However the words restaurant, vegan were clear. I paid about $5 US for a meal which was so use that I brought the two tortillas with some of the food in it back for a later meal, and a cup of coffee too.
Friendly clean and bright. Please open in Canada!

Pros: Huge portion, tasty and satisfying, very patient with tourists

Cons: Not handicapped accessible, Google shows opposite street location

Delicious vegan bread! - Edit

Lovely small vegetarian/vegan bakery in the heart of Zona Rio. I ordered a vegan cake for my sister's birthday and it was absolutely delicious!!! Always stop here for my daily flaxseed bread.. Truly recommend it!

Pros: Easy to find , Friendly customer service, Many vegan options!

Cons: Wish it was bigger

Salad Bar and Vegan Options Upstairs - Edit

When I walked into this place, I thought lunched was served in the bakery on the first floor, as there are tables in the front of the bakery. A few of the bakery items are vegan. The woman behind the bakery register took me upstairs and showed me the salad bar and a few vegan options at the hot food side of the food bar.

Be sure not to serve yourself. The people behind the food bar will serve you based upon what you request.

I got some salad (2 of the four dressings were vegan), and a soy nugget with bean stew. I also got a small plate of yams.

The food here is wholesome and good. I rarely end up eating lettuce salads in Tijuana, so it was great to have a lettuce-based salad. The dressing was good.

After lunch, I checked out the vegetarian bakery, and looked at some of the vegan product offerings.

This is a quick walk from Mercado Hildago, my favorite spot in Tijuana.

When I am in the mood for a simple salad and main course, I now know where I can go.

Pros: salad bar in Tijuana, reasonably priced

Cons: could use more vegan dishes

Return to Tijuana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Flor De La Vida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1799 times since Dec 2013.