La Flor De La Vida

+52-6642002868

Blvd. Independencia 1721-C, Zona Rio, Tijuana, Mexico, 22320

Small vegetarian bakery cafe and store. Offers one daily fixed plate. Serves breakfast til 11am, lunch 12:30-5pm, plus coffee and tea. Bakery with whole grain, gluten free and diabetic options plus natural juices. Sells grains, seeds, organic vegetables, natural supplements, vegetarian meats, vegan cheese and prepared food like ceviche and burritos. Shop sells natural products and supplements. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Mexican, Bakery

First Review by KristinaKalindi

surfaces

Points +120

22 Apr 2019

100 pesos, fixed menu - Edit

Nice little shop and hot meal. It was very tasty, but kind of small portions to match the fairly cheap price.

Pros: Cheap (but small portion to match), Tasty

DamarisContreras

Points +38

04 Aug 2018

Great for vegans too - Edit

I love this place as they have vegan options as well as vegetarian. I always get the food for the day vegan. It’s always full of flavor and the cost is low.

Pros: They always have a vegetarian and vegan option , Vegan bread (just ask)

teenyz

Points +27

21 May 2018

Cool Cafeteria - Edit

I really liked this place. We go the "menu del dia" for less than $5 which included a vegetable soup (really tasty and served with amazing salsa), roasted nopales and tacos al pastor. I used to love getting food al pastor before going veg and it was awesome to have vegan tacos al pastor! Yummy!! They also provided some kind of sweet fruit drink and a dessert. I also bought some snacks in the bakery which were delicious. They have the round sweetbread, but vegan!! Not all items are vegan (they are all vegetarian) but they will tell you which are.

Pros: Really cheap, All vegetarian, Locals

GlennGould

Points +66

06 Mar 2018

Enjoyed my meal. - Edit

Friendly staff. Meal was nice.

Little Laura

Points +131

04 May 2016

Too far from Canada! - Edit

I wish that this restaurant was right in my neighbourhood! I am in Tijuana with a friend who is here for medical tourism, and found that this place was just a ten minute walk over the bridge. It was a little bit confusing for me because you pay downstairs in the bakery/grocery store and then you go upstairs to eat. Plus, because I am Canadian I never learned even rudimentary Spanish. However the words restaurant, vegan were clear. I paid about $5 US for a meal which was so use that I brought the two tortillas with some of the food in it back for a later meal, and a cup of coffee too.
Friendly clean and bright. Please open in Canada!

Pros: Huge portion, tasty and satisfying, very patient with tourists

Cons: Not handicapped accessible, Google shows opposite street location

EdyVegan

Points +32

06 Apr 2016

Delicious vegan bread! - Edit

Lovely small vegetarian/vegan bakery in the heart of Zona Rio. I ordered a vegan cake for my sister's birthday and it was absolutely delicious!!! Always stop here for my daily flaxseed bread.. Truly recommend it!

Pros: Easy to find , Friendly customer service, Many vegan options!

Cons: Wish it was bigger

kenvegan

Points +9527

05 Dec 2015

Salad Bar and Vegan Options Upstairs - Edit

When I walked into this place, I thought lunched was served in the bakery on the first floor, as there are tables in the front of the bakery. A few of the bakery items are vegan. The woman behind the bakery register took me upstairs and showed me the salad bar and a few vegan options at the hot food side of the food bar.

Be sure not to serve yourself. The people behind the food bar will serve you based upon what you request.

I got some salad (2 of the four dressings were vegan), and a soy nugget with bean stew. I also got a small plate of yams.

The food here is wholesome and good. I rarely end up eating lettuce salads in Tijuana, so it was great to have a lettuce-based salad. The dressing was good.

After lunch, I checked out the vegetarian bakery, and looked at some of the vegan product offerings.

This is a quick walk from Mercado Hildago, my favorite spot in Tijuana.

When I am in the mood for a simple salad and main course, I now know where I can go.

Pros: salad bar in Tijuana, reasonably priced

Cons: could use more vegan dishes

KristinaKalindi

Points +62

Vegetarian
30 Aug 2015

Homestyle Vegetarian Mexican Food - Edit

Delicious homestyle vegetarian and vegan food. Daily meal includes soup or salad, main dish and beverage. Vegan option available.

Return to Tijuana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Flor De La Vida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.