La Esquina Vegetariana

• Vegetarian

Carrera 11, no. 69-26, Bogota, Colombia, 111211

An all vegan restaurant in a colonial building located in the Chapinero neighborhood. Noisy atmosphere. Serves a fixed lunch special daily. Tamales, bread, pies, cakes, vegan sausages, seitan, plantains and guacamole. While the restaurant is vegan, their little shop sells gee.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Colombian

First Review by little85

Great Food - FAST! - Edit

I ate their daily lunch, which was 100% vegan and DELICIOUS. It was also perhaps the fastest service I have had in South America - food came extremely fast, and was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Good value! - Edit

The menu of the day here is better than in most other similar places. You'll get to choose a soup, a main dish and a juice (on top of that a small dessert (no choices here)).
Friendly service and nice vibe. Awesome option for lunch. Menu of the day costs 12000 pesos, which is a bit more than elsewhere, but it's worth is.
They also sell cakes and empanadas and so on for take-away, moreover vegan cheeses, tofu, vegan sausages and some health products.

Pros: tasty food, best lunch option

Cons: not exceptional

Delicious, fast and affordable! - Edit

Great food! Highly recommend eating here. If you're hungry you don't have to wait for the daily special and it was more food then I could eat so I had leftovers. A soup, a juice, a dessert and a main dish with a veg-meat, vegetable and rice or quinoa. I ate here 3 times while in Bogota.

Pros: Daily special plus menu, Grocery store to buy things, Fast service

Cons: Closed on Saturdays

Favourite Place for Lunch - Edit

This restaurant offers high quality vegetarian food and it's the perfect place to go for a guaranteed nice lunch. They offer amazing soups, a good sized main meal with great variety and a lovely little dessert. The restaurant is very reasonably priced for what they offer and it brings me back again and again. This restaurant has also persuaded my Colombian friends that vegetarian food is actually extremely good and filling!

Pros: Good price, Good portions, High quality food

Cons: Sometimes at 12:30 it is too busy

satisfying - Edit

a friend and i each had the set lunch of soup, salad, main meal, fruit dessert, along with both of us getting an empanada as a starter, and the total came to around 15 u.s. dollars. good prices for the quality and amount of food you get. la esquina vegetariana is definitely worth a stop.

Very good food; my favorite place in Bogota - Edit

The food here was great, and this was my favorite veggie place I visited while in Bogota.

As of December 2012 the set meal of the day is 9.000 pesos. Just take any seat and pay afterwards. I've eaten there several times while in Bogota, and I found the food to be fairly creative (more so than the other veggie places) and very tasty. They are only open for lunch Monday thru Saturday. The nearest Transmilenio stations are Flores or Calle 72.

This place has it all; the food is always very good, the building they're in is beautiful (it's an older brick building with character) and the interior is lovely... it's airy, naturally lit and just so pleasant. The street it's on is a nice walking street with plenty of room to walk, and without the throngs of people you usually find in Bogota.

If you can only eat in one place while you're in Bogota, I would eat here.

Pros: Creative, Tasty, Lovely atmosphere

Pleasant - Edit

This was a nice place--two floors, spacious, light. The menu del dia was 9,000 pesos as of this writing, and it was pretty good. soup, brown rice, salad, potatoes, and some kind of tofu goulash for the main dish (candied pears for dessert). tasty and filling. I wasn't blown away, but I would go back if I were in the area. The best part, though, is that they sell vegan meats AND vegan cheese-this is the first place in Bogotá I've found that has queso de soya. I'd like to go back and try something off their menu. They even had vegan chocolate cake which I took home for a birthday treat for later. Looked delicious. Give this place a try!

Pros: healthy, good value, vegan cheese

Return to Bogota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Esquina Vegetariana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2454 times since Feb 2010.