First Review by kimmykokonut

Health store and restaurant - Edit

In the health store you can find a lot of stuff - specially grains and legumes. For vegetarians they also sell lots of good empanadas, pizzas and pies - there are also a few gluten free products.

The restaurant is very nice. With a cozy atmosphere and plenty of healthy food to chose from the menu, kind of bland tasting, but overall quite good and low prices! They give you some really delicious homemade bread with pumpkin paste when waiting for the food.

There are many vegan options and a gluten free menu :) The staff is also very nice.

Pros: Good Service, Healthy, Good prices

Cons: A little bland

Health food store with eat-in space - Edit

I would like to offer an update to the previous review that says this place is no longer a restaurant. In fact, you can order your food at the 'hot' counter and sit down at any of the numerous tables to enjoy it. I'm not sure if they have waiters who bring food directly to you but there is definitely space to 'eat-in' and tables outside for when the weather is nice. I would highly recommend their vegetarian empanadas. The eggplant (berengena) ones are delicious. I found some of the other hot food like the ricotta-filled eggplant boats and potato and egg torta a bit bland (Argentines do not spice their food much).

The health food section is quite good. They have healthier versions of your typical Argentine breakfast foods like ricotta and jam- filled whole wheat croissants and they have many different whole wheat breads. Although, I bought the whole bread and whole wheat buns and found them to be lacking in flavour. After that, I decided to make my own whole wheat bread, using their organic Esquina de Flores flour which they have available in various different grounds (finely ground, less fine, etc).

Definitely worth checking out if you're in Palermo.

Pros: vegetarian empanadas, variety of baked goods, organic flours

Cons: a bit bland

good pastries and selection - Edit

I think they have two on this street. I went to one at 1515 Cordoba. They had these delisous pastries that were whole wheat fill differnet stuffings (black bean, lentil, veggies). We heated ours back at our place. They also sell pastas and herbs. We didn't buy much else. If you're on this street go here and to Lotus. Both stores are worth shopping at.

Pros: nice staff, good to-go food

Not a restaurant anymore - Edit

This place is only a health food store now, selling flours, organic yerba mate, nuts and more. The restaurant is closed but it looked like they had some desserts, cookies and empanadas for sale.

Cons: not a restaurant

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Esquina de las Flores closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1423 times since Aug 2007.