La Empanada Llama

518-915-1887

469 Delaware Ave, Albany, New York, USA, 12209

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegans could order the quinoa stuffed pepper without cheese, rice and black beans, white rice, chickpeas and spinach, refried bean empanada, and yucca fries. Open Tue-Wed 11:00am-8:00pm, Thu 4:00pm-8:00pm, Fri 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 3:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, Peruvian, Non-veg

First Review by ehubert

Delicious and Tons of Vegan Options - Edit

I really liked this cute little place which was located on a bustling intersection just off I-90 in Albany, New York. It's a small family-run restaurant that does carry out, eat in, and delivery.

We started with empanadas which were served with a green coconutty sauce like a curry. Then I got a salad and balsamic dressing which came with my meal. My boyfriend ordered yucca fries which were served with the same green sauce as the empanadas.

Finally, I got a quinoa stuffed pepper meal which came with rice and beans as well as a turmeric based chickpea and spinach salad (served warm). I loved it all! I even ordered more chickpeas :) All for $25!

I'd highly recommend this place whether you are staying in Albany or passing through. Just plan for some what tricky street parking!

Pros: Tons of vegan options

Cons: Desserts weren't vegan :(

Return to Albany Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Empanada Llama closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.