First Review by Veganswife

fresh and tasty - Edit

Looking for that place, even if it takes a bit longer (not that easy to find) is definitely worth it. Small but well-assorted buffet with fresh and very tasty meals to choose from for a reasonable price. I enjoyed the home-made vegan bread as alternative to the usual baguette and loved the astonishing buffet of desserts (I won't forget the vegan apricot-crumble, absolutely fabulous). The owners are super friendly and helpful. Take-out possible.

Hidden treasure in Bordeaux - Edit

Bordeaux isn't the easiest place for vegans. We learned of this place through Google searches and were delighted when we managed to find it, tucked away in a side street off the beaten track, but within walking distance of our hotel in the St Catherine area. Johanna greeted us with kindness and enthusiasm. We were early for lunch, but enjoyed a quiet coffee while the buffet was prepared. Everything in the salad buffet was vegan - green lentils with a tasty herbal dressing, carrot seasoned with coconut milk, and several other colourful salads. We piled out plates high. Food is sold by weight (of the food, not the customer fortunately!) I enjoyed a glass of the house red. For dessert, the vegan enjoyed a banana clafoutis and liked it so much that he had to have another one! The vegetarian enjoyed a big bowl,of warm fruit crumble ( which included a little butter, hence not vegan friendly). Total price was €33, very reasonable indeed.

Pros: Mainly vegan with vegetarian options, Bright new decor and friendly hosts, Fresh and tasty

Cons: Only one vegan dessert, No hot dishes in buffet

Return to Bordeaux Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Cuisine de Johanna closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.