First Review by alexisjb

Warm, Welcoming, and Informative - Edit

This was one of the most enjoyable experiences that we have had in Paris, and we have been to Paris 3 times. Yes, we enjoy the museums and landmarks, but this was a truly unique and life-enhancing learning experience. Terresa began teaching us from the moment we met her. She led us through the open-air food market, describing how to select the freshest vegetables and how to read the identification labels on the foods to help us select organic foods of the highest standards. After we bought several vegetables and herbs, carrying them in recyclable bags, we also learned how to rent a bike, and we were given a tour of the landmarks we passed along the way to her apartment. Once we began the cooking class the information flowed. We learned which herbs and seasonings to use with certain vegetables to create several incredibly tasty dishes. We were given instruction on cutting properly, zesting and dehydrating lemon peels, we learned how to bring vegetables to a boil, and then simmer slowly for ultimate flavor. We learned how to work with almonds to make a delicious dessert.

The Cherry On Top (or in this case strawberries!) - Edit

The second my family and I walked through the door we were greeted with warm hugs (instantly I felt as if we had known Terresa forever) and the smell of fresh ingredients. Terresa had gone to the market that very day to buy everything fresh that we needed. My family loves to cook and bake, but never had we made such delicious (magazine cover worthy) food! Terresa made everything fun and easy having measured the ingredients before our arrival. While preparing the meal, Terresa offered baguette with the most delicious and creamiest goat cheese I had ever tasted, that would later be topped onto our magnificent beat salads. She happily added that she "looks the other way" when people nibble. That was good to know once the fresh strawberries were used for the incredible strawberry tart. The atmosphere was relaxed and the conversation and company were marvelous. Terresa also made it very easy to accommodate my mom's sensitive stomach by setting aside a dish of plain ravioli and making a separate tart crust into a cookie (which I tried and was as equally delicious as the tart)! Having dined at some of the greatest restaurants in Paris, this by far was my favorite place to dine. I loved that we were able to have an intimate cooking session with my family exclusively and Terresa was the perfect teacher to have it with. I highly suggest this for anyone visiting Paris or residing in Paris. I will definitely be making the meals I learned once returning home. It was an experience from my trip that will be most memorable!

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Cucina di TerrESa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 823 times since Apr 2013.