CLOSED: La Colombe

974 avenue Babanguida, 1200 logements (at near Stade de France and Rond-point des Artistes), Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso,

African vegan restaurant with basically all Burkinabè staples in vegan versions (riz sauce, tô...). Has tofu brochettes. Also sells vegan drinks by the bottle (soy milk, rosella, ginger, liane...). Reported closed to HappyCow, July 2015. Open daily.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, African

First Review by ann.marie77

Delicious food; lots of tofu - Edit

I ate here with another vegetarian. The restaurant is easy to find as it is on a major road. We were the only customers for the entire night. They had almost everything on the menu. We tried a lot of dishes; most came with tofu, even if it didn't say so on the menu. Everything was delicious. The seitan is excellent, albeit deep-fried. It seems to be a very small operation--one person serving, one person cooking. Even though the bathroom is filthy, I didn't get sick off of the food (which I half-anticipated). With so few customers, I hope they are able to stay open.

Pros: Good food, Wide selection, Variety of flavors

Cons: Beggars approached us while we ate, No running water in bathroom, Neon lighting/lots of pollution from st.

Return to Ouagadougou Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: La Colombe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 790 times since Oct 2011.