REMOVED: La Cigogne du Port

Boulevard Stalingrad 53, Nice, France

Serves meat, vegan options available. French Alsacien cuisine. Offers 2 vegan choices on its menu: vlammkueche with truffle oil (and rucola, mushroom, soja cream, onion) and vlammkueche v-classic with smoked tofu. Removed Aug 2017 - multiple reports of poor vegan options.

Categories: Beer/Wine, French, Non-veg

First Review by ecodoc

owner promised improvement - Edit

I took my brother to this place while our stay in Nice! As we arrived there the owner told us that she is out of the vegan flat bread but she would make me a big bowl of greens! Of course I was really dissapointed but whatever.
She brought me the salad which had a really good dressing! It also included some flatbread with oil and garilc-so she was just out of the vegan sour cream, tofu etc.
Later on a friend of hers came by who turned out to be a vegan and the creater of the vegan recipes! She was really sorry that the vegan options were not avalibale for me! It was really nice meeting her!
So the end of the story is that the owner promised to have the vegan options ready from now own every day!

very friendly staff and delicious meal! - Edit

Great to see 2 vegan options on the menu, they have an English menu too! Very friendly staff and such good food, worth a visit

Délicieux et accueil adorable - Edit

Mon ami et moi avons sélectionné ce restaurant car étant Vegan et lui non,nous souhaitions une offre qui nous comble tous les 2. Le flammenchuch Vegan est absolument délicieuse. L'a cuni est top et les vins bons. Superbe adresse,on reviendra!

Pros: Staff, Food, Location

Great food and service - Edit

I was happy to find a vegan friendly place in my neighborhood. The vlammkueche is super tasty and fresh. It's similar to a super thin crusted pizza. The only other option on the menu is a green salad, which was just lettuce.
They made a dessert vlammkueche for me with their vegan white sauce instead of the dairy sauce.
The two people running the restaurant were very friendly. They even warned me the hard pretzels the give out for free aren't vegan.
They're planning a vegan event in October, if you live in the area.

Pros: Unique options, friendly staff, great price

Cons: I love more vegan options

Return to Nice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: La Cigogne du Port closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.