La Chuchoca

Contact n/a

Galvez 49a, Valparaiso, Chile,

A cozy 100% vegan restaurant offers meals, juices, tea and sweets. Serves lunch Wed-Sat. Thur-Sat also open for dinner. Please ask about hours. Holds events, including live music. Open Mon-Sat; food served Wed to Sat.

Category: Vegan, Western, Juice bar, Chilean

First Review by mumbalon

Delightful experience - Edit

Located down a tiny, vibrantly painted alley. Single menu, 100% vegan (at least for my visit). The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Pay whatever your conscience tells you ("we're not a market," our host explained). Good music played during the meal.

Only small cons: sitting on the floor was a bit uncomfortable; and I don't particularly like taking off my shoes in restaurants.

Super cheap and really good! - Edit

We found La Chuchoca with Happy Cow where it's the highest rated vegan restaurant in Valparaiso (and there are some!). We didn't know what to expect and when we arrived we figured that it's real cozy and nicely decorated by the lovely owner Alejandro. Every day there's one fixed menue with a drink, starter, soup, main dish and dessert for very cheap 4.000 Chilenian Pesos (app. 6€). We had homemade bread with zucchini spread, a great cold tomato soup, soy patty with salad and mashed potato and then oatmeal with fresh fruits. Everything tasted really good and the people working there made us feel very welcome. I highly recommend this place!

Great food, cosy atmosphere - Edit

They probably have the best vegan food in Valpo (at least from all the things I've tried so far theirs was the best).
It's not as cheap as in other places, but I think it's not expensive either, and you definitely get a lot for your money.

The place is quite small but usually there's enough place to sit (which you can either do on self-made pillows on the floor or on the couch).

The people there are really nice, and so is, in my opinion the music... (it's not just turning on the radio and listening to the charts)

Definitely my favourite lunch place in Valpo.

Pros: Cosy atmosphere, Great food, Nice people

Cons: They don't serve coffee :/

Return to Valparaiso Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Chuchoca closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2138 times since Feb 2015.