La Chakra

Ave Jose Pardo 620, Miraflores, Lima, Peru, 18

Organic vegan restaurant, opened in 2015 in Miraflores neighborhood. Offers a large menu with many choices: veggie burgers, wraps, raw dessert, quinotto (quinua risotto) with cashew cheese, smoothies, sauerkraut, sprouts, kombucha, flatbreads, kale chips, and snacks. Airy and comfortable setting located below street level. Free Wi-Fi. Chakra means small farm or source of local produce. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Peruvian

First Review by maynard7

Nice option - Edit

My husband and I had lunch here while in Lima. I was glad one of the reviewers had mentioned that it was below street level - we might have missed it otherwise.

Food was good - we had veggie wraps, apple crisp bars and kombuca. All were good.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Small and quiet

Bit too salty despite the nice atmosphere - Edit

The place is nice although its difficult to spot (you have to go downstairs from the road level).

However, although i did not find the portions particularly small, their taste gave me mixed feelings. On the one hand it was nicely decorated, on the other hand a bit too salty, a bit too... cant really put my finger on it, but it was not a great experience.

Pros: place is calm, nice compact menu, service is kind

Cons: food

Comida pequeña - Edit

Quiero mencionar que la atención telefónica fue regular. Cuando me llego la comida, que llego 20 minutos tarde, no estaba preparado con vegetales frescos. Era muy poco, y lo digo porque he consumido ya en varios lugares de Miraflores y este por su elevado precio, deberían dar un poco más. O aunque sea mencionar que es muy poco lo que dan, solo para precaver y pedir más.. y el hummus que me dieron tambien muy poco, pero bueno ... El sabor rico... solo mejoren en eso... Gracias!
Updated from previous review on Saturday May 21, 2016

Pros: sabor

Cons: no fresco, poco

I'm just not a fan of small food - Edit

This place is very healthy and lives up to all that they advertise. I can't complain about their food, service, location, or anything else. If you want mostly raw, unprocessed and healthy food, and don't mind paying for it, this is your place. It's not for me. I like to eat more. I like to eat a lot. Anytime I go into a place, order an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert and I leave hungry, and with a lot less money in my pocket, I'm not happy. The food was good. The quality was good. I'm sure a lot of work went into it, which explains the price, but it's not my thing.

I like La Verde and Jardin de Jasmin a lot more. I also like Veggie Pizza, Bircher Benner and El Vegetariano more.

Closed - Edit

It was closed when I arrived at 8 pm on Monday night. The woman said they are open from 2-8. so I would suggest going before 7. I'll give it a try another time.

2 Responses

Raw Cafe with Friendly Staff - Edit

Can be a little tricky to find as located below street level in a strip mall, but some nice vegan, raw options.

We opted for the "Stir Fry" with bean sprouts and the Chickpea "Hamburger" which had two small chickpea patties and salad/Sourkraut.

We also started with their bread/olive oil and added hummus. The appetizer portion was a bit small but for 8 soles (less than $3) adequate.

Great selection of teas as well, and very friendly staff.

Best Vegan Restaurant in Lima - Edit

Having been in Lima quite a while now, I have worked my way through nearly every veggie and vegan restaurant and La Chakra is my favourite!

On first visit, it's a bit tricky to find, hidden just off Avenida Pardo, down some stairs but definitely worth looking for.

They have the best desserts I have ever tasted! They are mostly Raw Vegan, healthy and delicious!

The main plates of all prepared with love and care and look amazing and are even better to taste.

You can even buy fresh vegan milks, that they prepare especially for you, no preservative just pure almond/coconut milk etc.

Another little bonus, is the staff are very friendly and welcoming, which is not true for other veggie/vegan restaurants in Lima. They have a great personal touch at La Chakra.

If you have not been yet, definitely check it out, you won't be dissapointed, and make sure you order a dessert!

Pros: Amazing Desserts, Healthy and Fresh food, Friendly and Kind Staff

Delicious - Edit

Hidden away and a little hard to find but definitely worth the trip. Friendly staff, reasonably priced a variety of options and a cute selection of products on sale as well. The wraps are to die for not to heavy, and delicious. I enjoyed the Mexican wrap the most! Deserts and hot chocolate is also yummy. And I love the art on the walls. Must go!

Excellent - Edit

The food was so good, I am glad I ordered lots. Soup and veggie burgers. I don't usually have room for dessert, so I took 2 to go, but my friend ate a "cheese"cake right there. Wow! good.
Generous servings, delicious and healthy. Nice people. A cute little place on the way to the Mercados. Look for it, it's below street level.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere, excellent desserts (some no sugar too)

Really delcious wraps and kombucha - Edit

Firstly, there was so many delicious things here that I didn't know where to start.

I got a seriously delicious Thai-style Nori seaweed wrap. Very fresh, unbelievable flavour - highly recommended.

My partner got a Mediterranean wrap which was also really really good.

Also, we bough a bottle of Chai kombucha - which was the first time we have ever tried kombucha and it was absolutely delicous!

I intend on returning soon to sample some of the fine looking raw vegan desserts that were on display.

The lady who worked there was very friendly and spoke excellent English.

It is breastfeeding friendly.

La Chakra is very easy to find, although it's not on street level. All you need to do is is just go to Ave Jose Pardo 620, Miraflores - and you will see "620" clearly displayed and multiple shops at the site, there is a set of stairs that go down to a bottom level of the street and La Chakra is down there.

Pros: Delicious wraps, Delcious kombucha, Breastfeeding friendly

New raw adress in Miraflores - Edit

[I went there in July 2015 ; the place may be kind of difficult to find because it is located in the basement of the small shop centre so it is not visible from the street]

There's not set menu so I had one "wrap árabe" (S/. 16), a wrap (tortilla made of chickpeas and chia) stuffed with pickles (from apple vinegar), hierba buena, cucumber, germinated lentils, tomato, carrot and pepper. Served with a small portion of home-made hummus (well, everything is home-made actually). The wrap was good and filling, although a little bit dry (but good nevertheless).

I also had a slice of apple pie (S/. 11), very good also. It is worth noting that all their desserts are gluten-free, vegan (dairy and eggs-free) and sugar-free (I think they mean "refined sugar-free").

This is definitely a good address, for a café-like restaurant. More expansive than the usual "10 soles set menu" but not too expansive. The ingredients are really good, local, organic and raw. And vegan, of course (although they have honey and pollen available for customers who ask for it).

Pros: Vegan & organic & local, Good quality/price ratio

Great vegan, organic food in central Miraflores - Edit

This place has really good organic, vegan food. The food is creatively presented as well (see photos on their Facebook page). I've been there twice so far, and liked what I ordered both times. My favorite so far is the salad-burger combo that currently costs 15 soles as of June 2015. It's an organic salad, served with two small lentil burger patties (no bun). They don't use sugar, soy, wheat, etc. The portions are not large, so I preferred to go there at night for a light meal. If you go at lunch time, they add a small appetizer for no additional charge. I also tried the brownie made from coconut (no gluten). Warmly recommended.

Pros: Organic, Vegan, Good food!

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Chakra closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2496 times since May 2015.