La Casa Verde

Contact 978-008-870

Calle Schell 615 (at Grimaldo del Solar), Lima, Peru,

Lovely vegetarian restaurant with plenty of tables in the Miraflores neighborhood offers plenty of options for vegans. Meal of the day Monday through Saturday, and an a la carte menu as well. Check Facebook page for the daily meal choices. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-11:00pm. Closed Sun.

Category: International, Take-out

First Review by maynard7

satisfying meal - Edit

We had the set dinner for just 15 Sol which consisted of a tasty bean and vegetable soup, rice with omelette and sauce, small banana dessert and a herbal tea. The main course, although with sauce, became a little dry. Overall, it's good value and filling enough.

Pros: good value set

Cons: slightly bland main dish

eating to the oldies - Edit

We had the daily set menu, which was great value for 15 Sol. We started with some fried corn, then a thick bean soup. Our main course was a mushroom omelette with rice and a very tasty sauce. for dessert we had fried bananas, and a lovely Anis tea. The whole time the radio was playing songs I hadn't heard in decades ...wonderfully nostalgic! Good food and good music!

Good food & nice service - Edit

Went there in June 2016. I had the menu (also available at night), which was good (a soup, a main course and a beverage). Nothing more to say, really. Maybe I'd add that the service was very nice and friendly given that we came late, when they were about to close, and tried to do their best. Also, they serve you good portions, which is good if you have appetite.
The restaurant is not 100% vegan, so make sure to ask before ordering so that they could take out cheese and other animal products from the plates.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good portions

Good food & nice decor in Miraflores - Edit

They opened in early 2016 and I've eaten lunch here twice so far... both times it was good. They post their meal of the day on their Facebook page, and they have the a la carte menu in case you want something else. Open quite late... it's the only veggie place in Miraflores open so late except for Jardin de Jasmin. It's still new at this point, so no problem getting a table until it gets more well-known.

This seems to be traditional Peruvian food, with mock meat used in place of the real thing. If it's not vegan, it's very close. As of April 2016, the meal of the day costs 13 soles (served until approximately 330pm, or until they run out). There's 2 choices for both the starter and the main plate.

The first time I went, I chose the cream of onion soup and the caigua rellena (it's a green vegetable that's scooped out and filled with a veggie/meat mixture). The second time I went, I chose the California salad (a cubed potato salad), and the sauteed cabbage with mock meat. The included desserts were very good, and the meal also comes with a juice-based drink.

Located only a few blocks from Parque Kennedy, and right next to a coin laundry, it's definitely worth visiting. I give them 4 cows for above average food and service. The only thing I would like to see is a more colorful plate of food (perhaps some green veggie such as broccoli, or carrots.... anything to add color).

Please stop by and support this new restaurant while you're in town!

Pros: Location, Flavors good, Brown rice

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Casa Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.