CLOSED: La Casa del Pan - Dr. Navarro

Contact 967-6785895

10 Dr. Navarro, Barrio El Cerrillo, San Cristobal De Las Casas, Mexico,

Restaurant, bakery, and shop. Menu features mostly Mexican dishes, plus salads, pizza, and sandwiches. Also a small natural foods store selling breads and baked goods. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, Mexican

First Review by twinkletoes

Best Nachos EVER! (and just about everything else) - Edit

We have to agree with all of the superlative reviews that this restaurant gets. It's a short walk from the very nice artisan's market. The interior design is layered with beautiful fuana and murals mixing Mayan and Buddhist motifs.

Ok...so the nachos...they come out and I jokingly say to the waiter...are these for 10 people? It looked huge. And then we started digging in. We could have eaten one each between the two of us! The nachos are like no nachos that you encounter in the Super Mercado Americano! These are home made with locally grown corn. These things all SOUND nice but really there's a difference. Layered, almost luxuriously on these king nachos...were delicious beans, cheese and the freshest salsa that we've had...both sweet and spicy. Who'd imagine we'd go on so much about nachos...but these were divine.

We had yummy lemonade. My girlfriend was falling in love
with the empanadas. It was a sensual experience! There
were three kinds...potatoes and cheese, spinach and subtle
curried vegetables inside a flaky pastry. Heaven! I had
wonderful veggie fajitas with tofu, seitan and deliciously
prepared veggies.

La Casa del Pan was really a wonderful experience and so worth supporting. This place was obviously a big hit for us. We only wish we had more time to work through the entire menu!

Best food I've ever eaten?!? - Edit

I would just like to add that I really loved this place too. I think there is something in the soil and sun of Chiapas that makes this food, made with local ingredients and nothing premade, so incredibly good. I ate there nearly every day for a week! It is slightly more expensive than other places but so worth it in terms of quality.

It is also in a yoga, film and arts centre with a Health food shop facing the street. A really interesting spot.

Volveré lo pronto que pueda!

Pros: Healthy food, Delicious food, Friendly staff

Best Comida in Can Cristobal - Edit

Everything I've eaten here is delicious. Do not miss the lunch buffet 2-5pm Mon-Sat. It costs $75 + 10% tip which includes 4-7 salads, soup, bread, a main dish (hot), dessert and an agua fresca. All unlimited portions except for the main course and dessert. You can have just the soup, salad bread and drink portion for $50 including tip. Positively delicious. Free WiFi. Very pleasant staff. Plus there's a store for to-go items including whole-grain bakery and organic dairy products. Coffee and tea is delicious. There is cheaper food to be found here in San C, but not better IMHO.

Pros: delicious, friendly, WiFi

Cons: A little pricey

Restaurante mas mejor de todo de San Cristobal! - Edit

Cuando fuimos a San Cristobal, comimos en La Casa del Pan cada dia y cada noche! La comida era excelente y habia muchos platos veganes. Se hace mucho de sus productos en casa como su pan, tofu, etc. El cafe y te es organico (como mucho de las verdaduras y otros ingredientes) y el menu es extensivo. La pizza es grandisima!

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff and environment, Health food store in front

Return to San Cristobal De Las Casas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: La Casa del Pan - Dr. Navarro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 312 times since Aug 2007.