La Casa de Bamboo

Contact 56776649

Av Perotti s/n (at next to Hosteria Suiza), Huacachina, Peru,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family run cafe with an expresso machine. Serves Peruvian coffee. Food is house-made and has vegetarian - ranges from crepes and English breakfast to Thai curry. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Greebaarriba

few options in town - Edit

My boyfriend and I stopped here for food after an overnight bus ride. We ordered the falafel, the vegan pasta and some chips and guacamole. The falafel was great. The pasta wasn't bad but very simple. Could have probably added some extra vegs in it. The guacamole had a lot of lime, just how I like it. Haucachina is kind of a dump and not somewhere is spend a lot of time but the friendly staff and falafel (and sand dunes) are worth it.

Amazing Falafel - Edit

This, as far as I could tell, was the only vegan-friendly place in Huacachina, but I may be wrong. My wife and I went twice. Breakfast: coffee with soy milk, home made beans on toast, and peanut butter on toast. Lunch: Simple pasta (this was okay), and Falafel. It maaaay be the best falafel I've ever had.

Pros: Amazing falafel, Soya milk

Cons: Serves meat

Simply lovely place - Edit

Ate both lunch and dinner here (on separate days). They are open until 9pm just ring the bell. Great home made food, the chef/owner (expat) even whipped us up a vegan pisco sour (the national drink). Just an all-round lovely oasis (literally, it's an actual oasis in the desert!).

Return to Huacachina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Casa de Bamboo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.