REMOVED: La Cantina

+44-23-80220500

2a-3a Bedford Place, Southampton, England, SO15 2BY

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food restaurant and bar near to the town centre. Big selection of veg food. JUN 2015 REPORTED CHANGED MENU, NO LONGER VEG OR VEGAN FRIENDLY.

Categories: Lacto, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by bencamps

Good vegan options - Edit

I'm a big fan of Cantina. They don't just offer a specific vegan menu but also have a good understanding of what veganism is. I really like the food and the atmosphere is really nice - it's chilled out and friendly. It's also a good place to go for a drink with a decent cocktail and mocktail menu.

Pros: Range of vegan options, Nice atmosphere, Sometimes live music

A little bi t of Mexico in Southampton - Edit

Visited on 25th November 3012. I arrived at La Cantina with my mate 10 minutes before they opened last Sunday. Even though we were early they welcomed us in and offered us a drink while we waited for a waiter to take our order. There are loads of Vegetarian choices on the menu such as: Tacos (2 types), Quesadillas (2 types), Tostadas, Taquitos (2 types), Fajitas, Enchiladas, Nachos, 2 salads and a chilli mole stew. There is also a lunch special menu with three vege options that come with a soft drink for £6! Most of the vegetarian options on the menu are already vegan or can be made vegan. The drinks menu is vast and includes Mexican beers and tequila. My friend and I both had 3 bean burgers from the lunch special menu but washed it down with a Negra Modello instead of the included soft drink. I also had a side of guacamole. This came to £18.50 for the both of us, bargin!!The food was authentic, fresh and tasty. I really liked the place, cool (very Mexican) decor and very friendly acommadating staff. If you're in Southampton I couldn't recommend La Cantina enough!

Pros: Many vegan options, Authentic, Nice decor, friendly staff

Return to Southampton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: La Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.